011. memories

seo yul was left to wonder, do the stars bleed too? after all, stars are merely tiny shards of energy clutched together into a ball. do stars spill crimson from their own figure as well? however, stars do not feel pain nor emotions. seo yul and moon hye were stars that felt pain and emotion. but seo yul had become a normal star once moon hye broke herself away.

"hye, stay with me." the seo boy breathed a sob against her fingers, shrill tears pushing themselves out of his eyes. although, the moon child remained unresponsive— which had only broken him further.

moon hye felt paralysingly numb—yet she was in pain. crimson spilled from her stomach, causing a thin layer of sweat to blanket over her skin by the cause of pain. heo yeom thrusted a hand at her torso.

"seo yul . . . " as her own voice spilled from her lips, she felt as though it were a foriegn sound. it was—she had never sounded so broken. so hurt. warm fingers enveloped her own, "yes?" their fingers were now interwoven, although moon hye had not had the energy to encase seo yul's fingers within her own. she was crumbling. although she refused, darkness consumed her, and all she felt was seo yul's fingers squeezing her own about.

————

it was two days after the dreadful event. moon hye kept on being conscious and not. although they had not told seo yul, she was stable enough to fight. she was told that the two were going to dahyanggok to fetch the jang child. although park dang — gu had wanted to go to sari village rather than dahyanggok, seo yul was certain the two would be there. after all, why would you train at sari village where not even one mage were?

"young lady moon! master seo and master park are going to dahyanggok to fetch master jang and his maid. master park dang — gu would like to know if you would like to come with," a servant informed.

if you had looked closely enough, it would seem that the moon child's eyes were scintillating with happiness as rather mellifluous noises had pushed themselves from her lips. although as she realized, i have only been in songrim for a week—and now i'm going back to the place i was thought to have disappeared?

"yes, do tell him i would."

her emotions gathered themselves in hasty clusters, all clutching together. most of these were fear, anxiety, and some were excitement. moon hye hated the place. and for five years, the only way she had survived was because seo yul had came, even if it was not for her, but for the girl. the girl he had seemingly replaced her with. and one day then, he had stopped. he never came back, and moon hye had tried to kill herself. she failed however, as though moon wu reassured her that the seo boy would be okay, for his own benefit. but moon hye knew better. for the last two years, she had always overworked herself—just to see her best friend once again, even if he did not consider her one anymore. those agonising seven years, had hurt the moon child more than she would have thought after she clamped her own fingers around her wicked uncle's.

the servant bowed, "yes, lady moon."

rotating her head, her pupils paused upon a brazen sword, once smeared with blood, however clean once more. taking a trembling step forward, she clamped her fingers around her uncle's sword, which was also thrusted within her own body. after the dreadful incident within songrim, moon wu was taken for questioning. needless to say, the brunette was utterly frightened.

examining it profusely within her fingers, it never helped as her fingers would shake because of the mere memory. the door pushed open. turning around against the balls of her feet, she had expected a servant, or even, park dang — gu. standing straight and rage dancing within his eyes, he trudged with force and yanked the blade from her fingers.

"dear niece, have you missed me too much and now you are to steal my own sword? pathetic," a smirk played upon his lips, with his fingers now clutching her neck. "and how dear of you. your little boyfriend isn't here to save you now."

how pathetic, thinking he could kill the niece he had trained nonstop for seven years? scoffing with a smirk and newfound courage flooding roughly within her veins, she held her fingers around his wrist firmly. "oh, but i am."

pushing his fingers away from her neck, she held the sword upon his shoulder, threatening to thrust at him, "how pathetic," she smirked, "scared of your own niece?" her fingers held his neck, with to too much force as not to restrain his breathing, although firmly.

"don't," she breathed a whisper against his ear, "underestimate me. i am much stronger than i was when you took me away seven years ago, so do not try and test me."

pushing him away with force, she used chisu on him as he had his guard down, knocking him out. she brought the blade with her, leaving her own before trudging out of the room. the warm breeze mixed with the scent of fresh water from the river gently tickled her senses. she liked it here. it was peaceful.

"hye! moon hye!"

she knew that voice. almost immediately, she pushed herself around, met with a grinning park dang — gu. "yes?"

"servant choi said you would come! yul is looking for you." she only responded with a light nod.

———

the boat ride to dahyanggok was not too long, fairly, however far too long for the moon child. the boat rocked back and fourth harshly, and if it were not seo yul who held the brunette within his embrace, she would have fallen into the depths.

"master seo, master park, lady moon, we have arrived."

stepping from the boat, seo yul held a hand to moon hye, which she gladly took. and then so, they took off. walking through the shade of large trees, reminded the moon child of her dreadful stay at dahyanggok.

and, as though moon hye had not been giving attention, a rather familiar figure crashed mindlessly into the seo boy.

one such emotion that moon hye could recognise cramped within her stomach—jealousy.

DEAR ALL,

hey hey hey, it's been quite a while from my last update. i had so much fun writing this, because we finally got a badass moon hye even though its only for a while!! anyways, theres going to be more badass moon hye coming so this is gonna get interesting after shes been a depressed bean for quite a while!! and merry christmas, hope u like my gift!!