Never Alone

Nightmare tucked Lumine in for the night before trying to leave to get some work done. "wait papa nightmare-" He stopped at the door. "yes lumine?" Lumine sat up, clutching CiCi the Cat in her hands. "c-can you read me a bedtime story?" Nightmare frowned, not because of the request, but because the nervousness she was emitting. He wasn't used to feeling negative emotion he was getting from her. He didn't even know she was capable of emitting negative aura, though it was nothing compared to her positivity. She was quite the interesting Positive Guardian. "of course, lumine. anything in particular you want me to read?" She hesitated as Nightmare made his way back to her. Her anxiety increased. Perhaps he was more intimidating to her than he initailly thought. She had hid it well. "it's ok lumine- i want you to feel comfortable here." He crouched beside her bed. "what do you want to hear?" He asked again, as gently as he could. "... the way back home.." Nightmare paused again. "of course.." She wanted to go home. To see her sister and her mother and she knew Nightmare wouldn't allow it. He could, however, read her this book and try to make her feel at home here.

🌑☀️🌑

It was dark as Cimmarian walked around an unfamiliar field. Crickets chirped, the stars sparkled above her, the moon showed in a thin crescent shape. Ahead of her was a hill and on it, a large oak with half its apples being gold and the other half being black. She was in awe of the magnificent tree. It was sniffles that got her attention though. She ran towards the tree to find a very familiar face crying in between the roots. "LUMINE!!!" Her sister's head snapped up to stare at her in bewilderment. "c-cici-" The twins clung to each other. "Oh thank stars you're ok-"
"i miss you so much-"
"I miss you too LuLu-"
"i wanna go home-" Cimmarian pulled away and grabbed Lumine's shoulders. "Papa Dream is going to save you both, he promised." Lumine wiped away her tears. "i-i... i'm scared... i don't want papa nightmare to... to hurt mama or you or even papa dream.." Cimmarian connected their skulls. "You're the strongest monster I know, LuLu. If anyone can get him to change, it's you.." Cimmarian praised. She smiled a little. "right. i can do this!"
"Yeah you can." Cimmarian encouraged.

☀️🌑☀️

Cimmarian stirred from her sleep. She didn't know if Lumine had really been there or not, but it seemed the roles had flipped for once and she'd tried her best to correct it. Talking to Lumine, whether it was real or not, it helped her a lot. She felt a little better to see her unharmed. She slipped out of her bed and watched the cape flutter down past her feet. It dragged after as she walked over to where Dream slept. She shook him awake. "huh? what? cim?" Dream looked at her in confusion. "Sorry, it's like... five." Cimmarian murmured quietly. "I just- uh- I don't know what I was thinking-" Dream rubbed her skull. "hey, it's ok. i was thinking... how would you like to start learning magic..?" Cimmarian's sockets widened. "H-how did you know I was gonna ask?!" Dream blinked. "you were?" Cimmarian nodded. "For mama. For Lumine. I will learn magic to protect my family for once!" Lumine needed her... "... alright then. let's learn some magic then!" Dream agreed. "after you've eaten, of course!"