Punishments

Blue didn't know what to think of all this. Lumine was corrupted, Cimmarian had run away, and now Nightmare was in his kitchen. "Girls, do you have any idea how much trouble you're in?!" Blue looked down at them sternly. "is fixing dreamtale not what you wanted us to do? why you brought us there in the first place?" Shattered Light pointed out. Blue didn't like how close she was to Nightmare, corrupted or not. He could... he could still try to take her away... maybe... He was all sorts of confused. Nightmare wasn't... he was different. He seemed to genuinely care, and Blue didn't know if it was a trick or... if he actually did love his daughters. "You're both grounded f-for a month! No magic privileges and no training! To the room girls." Blue ordered, pointing to the doorway. "Yes, Mama, sorry, Mama..." Cimmarian didn't spare Shattered Light a second glance, still not trusting her. Shattered Light gave her Papa Nightmare one more hug before following after Cimmarian. The three parents watched the girls go with mixed emotions. "IIIINK!!!" Now to punish the idiot that let Cimmarian go in the first place. He certainly wasn't going to be let off easy.

☀️🌑☀️

Ink was grumbling when he came in. "i'm almost done with my puzzle- nightmare!" He pulled out Broomie while Blue only got more irritated. His child was put in danger because of a stupid puzzle?! "Did you even know Cimmarian had created a portal to Dreamtale? DID YOU EVEN KNOW SHE WAS GONE?!" Blue snapped, scared and stressed out. "b-blue, calm down..." Dream mumbled, feeling sapped from the negativity. "Our girls were gone, and Lumine is- is like him!" Tears pricked his sockets as he pointed at Nightmare, who flinched. "H-how do I calm down from that?"
"i'm sorry, sh-she was never supposed to... i-it's my fault..." Nightmare whispered. "Damn right, it is!" Blue growled. "i-i understand your anger and frustration, b-but please... i-it's getting hard to stand..." Dream whimpered. Blue couldn't calm himself, but he did step out. Dream took a breath. "ink, no broomie privileges."
"b-but-" Ink whined. "you were supposed to watch cim, so broomie is being taken away until further notice, and you're watching nightmare for the night." Ink sadly handed Broomie over to Dream. "goodnight, boys... we can discuss things tomorrow, nightmare..."

🌑☀️🌑

Cimmarian made a point not to look at Shattered Light, facing the wall on the bed as she sat with her arms and legs crossed. Shattered Light knew that her existence was hard to accept, that she, like Papa Nightmare, would always be hated. So what more could she do but give Lumine back? They were safe now. The transition wasn't slow or painful. The negativity that made her tentacles and discolored her magic and bones simply receded back to her soul until the next time it was needed. It was like vertigo. She got dizzy and stumbled into the bed. Cimmarian looked back to see what was going on. She wasn't expecting to see her sister, her real sister. "Lumine!" She scuddled over on the bed, pulling Lumine up into her chest. "cici..." Lumine hugged her twin close. "i'm sorry, i got you in trouble, i just wanted everyone to understand..." Cimmarian shushed her sister. "You did nothing to get me in trouble, I made my own choices... I'm just glad to have you back with me..." A pleasant silence fell as the twins enjoyed each other's company. For now, all was right with the world again.