In his Head

The twins slept soundly with each other through the night, Blue was beyond relieved to find Lumine back in her regular form. Yet why? He was beyond grateful, but he didn't think corruption would leave its host so easily? Another question for Nightmare in the morning, he supposed. He cuddled into his girls with absolutely no plans to let go throughout the night. The positive emotions served to help Dream whose mind was on his brother. The once heartless and corrupted being was different. He wasn't the monster he'd fought for twenty years. So had Nightmare gotten to Lumine... or had Lumine gotten to Nightmare? What had happened between the negative king and his positive daughter? Who got into whose head first? Troubling questions to ask Nightmare tomorrow. If Ink actually does his job this time- said skeleton sneezed. "aw, why am i being punished for their actions..."
"you were supposed to be watching them. they are children trying to do what is right." Nightmare replied. It shouldn't have to fall on them, though. Nightmare realized that now. He had to clean up his act for their sake. Him and Dream both.

☀️🌑☀️

Lumine slipped out from between her twin and her mama early in the morning. Once more Ink was less doing what he was tasked with and more sleeping sprawled on the floor. Nightmare was asleep as well, his head and arms propped on the table as he slept away the stress from the day prior. Lumine softly pet one of his limp tentacles which caused it to curl around her arm gently, a quiet purr emitting from him in reaction. "i'm sorry i got you in trouble... i wanted them to know you weren't bad..." The tentacle tightened around her arm and the others reaching subconsciously to pet and comfort her. She giggled softly as she tried to give attention to all his tentacles. At least until she was pulled away. "hey-" Cimmarian put a finger to her teeth and pointed to Ink. "If mama found you out here, you'd be in even bigger trouble... come on, let's go to the room." Lumine sighed, knowing that she was right, and followed her sister back to their room. "this isn't fair..." She mumbled as she looked back one more time to see Nightmare waking up from his slumber. Did she wake him on accident?

🌑☀️🌑

Nightmare stayed. He wanted to know that Lumi would be ok. Her corrupted form weighed heavily on his mind yet... never once did he sense ill intent from it. It puzzled him. Was I because she was born with it that it was different from his more hostile corruption? "Ink!" Blue was irritated that the God of Creation was asleep, but he was also curious. "This was your chance to leave, why are you still here?" Blue crossed his arms, trying to mean business. "i wanted to make sure lumine was ok..." Blue rubbed his arm uncomfortably. Did Nightmare really care? "Why now? What are your intentions?" Blue asked, trying to get a read on Nightmare. "i just want her safe... i want them safe... i can't let history repeat itself. what happened between dream and i can't happen to them..." Nightmare replied as his appendages curled behind him. "so... lumine got into your head, is what you're saying..." Dream summed up in slight surprise. Nightmare smiled a little, going for something in his pocket. The duo tensed only to realize, he pulled out a cat toy? "she is my princess and i would like to get the chance to know cimmarian too, if you would allow it..?"