A Little Negative

After breakfast the that day, Nightmare brought Lumine to an empty room with all sorts of slashes and burns on the walls and floors, intimidating Lumine. "worry not lumine. this is only practice. you won't be hurt in here." Lumine looked at Nightmare. "i'm not worried about me... i don't wanna hurt anyone." Nightmare looked down at her thoughtfully. Oh that was so Dream right there. Not wanting to hurt anyone but the one closest to him... "you shouldn't have to, but you should still learn your magic. you'll have to learn to control your positive magic and tap into the tidbit of negative magic i sense in you. perhaps even summon a weapon to defend yourself with." If Nightmare could get her to use her negativity more, it wouldn't be as harmful to himself, holding her hand and doing all that lovey dovey stuff she liked to do. "... i don't want to hurt anyone..." She repeated sadly, giving Nightmare puppydog eyes. It was admittedly difficult for him to resist. "you don't have to hurt someone with a weapon. it can be used conventionally. like for cutting something or getting something difficult to reach." Lumine was going to have to try harder next time.

🌑☀️🌑

"that's it, focus. you can think of magic like an ocean or a air current. some even think of it as as song. what do you feel inside yourself?" Nightmare's magic, his real magic was a gentle rain where as his corrupted magic was a raging storm. "i... feel... it's like... smooth... and gentle... bright... with a slight waver... like disturbed water... or something." She described slowly. The last bit made in curious, but for now. "i want you to try and draw that out slowly, guide it step by step from your soul, past your ribs and shoulder, down your arm, and into your hand." Nightmare explained. They waited... and waited.... and waited..... and waited. He had to have patience though, she was a beginner. It would take time. Something started to manifest in her hand. A purple hilt and duel color blade, yellow at the top, blue at the bottom. It was a dagger. Fairly long. Potentially dangerous. It definitely revealed her linage. More Blue and Dream in her than Nightmare. Sweat beaded her skull. "c-can i let go yet..? this is hard.."
"yes." She had at least summoned the weapon, that was satisfactory.

☀️🌑☀️

Lumine thought they were when the weapon disappeared. "hold on. just one more thing before we are done. i want you to try and tap into that waver you felt and draw that out." Lumine frowned. "i don't know if that's a good idea.." She just knew something unpleasant would happen if she did. "just this once. please?" She whined quietly, but started to focus more on that waver. Just as she thought, it felt... unnatural. It was almost heavy and the more she tried to summon it out... the more it hurt. But Nightmare wanted her to do it so she kept at it. She was burning up, it was hot. She was on fire! Make it stop! Papa! "lumine! that's enough lumine! fuck, fuck, lulu!" LuLu... that was her... she felt numb, like the fire had been put out but the burns were still there. She wanted to sleep. "p-papa... n-no swearing..." She looked up at him tiredly. "i-i'm sorry... just... just rest, lumine. papa's got you..." He looked scared and she wanted to ask why, but the lull of sleep was stronger.