Star Base

His second home seemed almost foreign to him. It had been nearly seven years since he'd been back at the base. The girls were completely new to it as they hesitantly wandered the new territory. CiCi didn't leave Lulu's side for a second, afraid to lose her older sister again. "Follow me upstairs girls, you'll be sleeping with me in my room." That same fear is what kept Blue armed and dangerous, even if they were safe at their base in the Doodle Sphere. The girls went to the stairs per their mother's request. "Ink, don't forget to take your paints." Blue reminded the Creator as he ushered the girls upstairs. Nightmare would be back, he was certain of it. This time, he was ready. He watched the girls as they put down their things, CiCi starting to unpack while LuLu came to Blue. "What's up baby girl?" Lumine grabbed Blue's hand, looking him in the eyelights with a gentle smile. "i'm ok mama. i promise." Blue smiled at her. "I know... I know LuLu..." The whole ordeal was just hard to recover from. "Hey... why don't we go practice magic LuLu?" CiCi suggested." Blue looked at them as LuLu smiled wide. "yeah!" They knew magic?

🌑☀️🌑

"When did you teach CiCi magic?" Cimmarian heard her mother ask as she summoned her crossbow. She decided that she would shoot whoever tried to take them next, family or not. She wasn't going through that again. "oh wow! your summoning weapon is so cool!" LuLu snapped her out of it as she smiled at her sister. "Thanks LuLu!" She watched as Lumine summoned a dagger, frowning with worry. "Nightmare taught you magic?" LuLu frowned back. "well yeah. for self protection. is that wrong?" Cimmarian wanted to say yes, that Nightmare literally kidnapped her, but that was the last thing her sister needed. Cimmarian sighed. "I don't really trust him." She took aim at a nearby piece of paper. "This whole ordeal scared the soul out of me and we don't really know what he did to mom."
"mom is fine, i don't sense pain. only worry and fear. please cici, he's not a bad guy." Lumine caught Cimmarian's arm. "please believe me?" She begged. "I'm sorry LuLu, I can't." Lumine let go, looking down. "oh... ok..." Cimmarian fired, hitting her target. "Look LuLu-" Her sister was closing the door to the house as she went back inside, Papa Dream following her.

☀️🌑☀️

She tried to enter Nightmare's mindscape, but it seemed he wasn't asleep. Lumine sighed. "how do i get cici to trust me? i know things looked bad but..." Shattered Light put a hand on her shoulder. "there is no way you can. only father can show them he can be trusted." She looked up at her dark half. "how do we get papa to do that?" Shattered Light took a breath as the surrounding dreamscape burned away into a familiar scene. "dreamtale...?" Shattered Light nodded. "perhaps if we went to dreamtale and tried to fix it, father would help us." Lumine nodded slowly. "how do we get to dreamtale though?" Shattered summoned the dagger. "our fathers aren't the only ones with portaling abilities. just be careful when you get there. and remember that if you ever need me, i will come." Lumine smiled at her 'dark' half and hugged her. "thanks shattered light! you're the best! really!" Shattered Light patted her 'light' self's back. "of course, we are one." Shattered Light would always provide and protect her family.