Clash

Chapter Four

Clash

Land of Giants- Unknown

Naruto

February 4, 2000

At last.

Confirmation.

The arch enemy of all Naturalkind had returned.

Though...

Despite knowing what it was, despite knowing the danger it presented, Naruto couldn't help but admit that it wasn't...quite what he was expecting.

Completely humanoid from what he could see, counting the limbs hidden beneath cloth and tracing it's shape; what was throwing him off was that it was so small, ridiculously small. It reminded him of those creatures he'd read in folktale books called fairies, little female humanoid creatures with wings that used magic.

It was missing the wings, but ticked off a few of the other boxes for a fairy.

It was clearly a user of magic and it was also very petite, though the roundness in place on its body didn't really fit that last description.

And it was definitely female.

Its heavy bosom was outlined under its cloak.

He could just barely make out its features inside the shadow of its hood, though the chestnut curls dangling from either sides of its cranium made them even harder to discern. A sliver of light from his tail light outlined a thin pair of lips settled above a delicate chin, the darkness leaving only the lower curve of its nose visible and everything above too obscure for even his razor sharp vision to make out.

It shifted, head tilting as though it too was studying them as well.

Eyes narrowing, chest rumbling a deep throated threat, Naruto lowered his bulk into a semi-crouch, tightening his muscles for impending combat.

Just waiting for the creature to make a wrong move.

"Witch," Sakura spat contemptuously, moving a few steps to the forefront, serpents hissing atop her head as she declared, "by order of the sixth Hokage of Konoha, you are hereby under arrest. Surrender peacefully or we will take you by force!"

Silence reined following the echoing announcement, tension coiling between the trio as they tracked the motionless being for any twitch or shift signaling opposition.

Its voice was soft and melodious when it finally spoke, gentle and laced with an otherworldliness that set his nerves on edge. Hackles raised, Naruto forced his apprehension to the background, focusing instead on the words flowing from the witch's lips, knowing what it said would be something vile and-

"Um...I'm sorry but...c-can you explain why I'm being...arrested?"

Reeling, Naruto blinked as the shyly voiced question bounced around in his head.

Brows furrowing, he stared up at the creature, his puzzlement making a slow roll to something closer to aggravated confusion.

Was it being serious?!

Stunned into another round of silence that felt equal parts surreal and sorta awkward, Naruto glanced between his comrades.

Sakura looked as irritatedly perplexed as he felt, her own pink brows pinched, mouth slightly agape.