006

Hope is not the goal- part 1

"You missed my dad's speech last night, where were you?"

Lizzie asked as she sat down next to Alice in the assembly her father had called,

"He kind of upset me last night, and couldn't stand to look at him again."

Alice whispered to the blonde, rubbing her arm nervously, the blonde raising an eyebrow at the answer she got but didn't push any further.

"Given our recent influx of monsters, the sheriff and I have decided we need to take drastic action."

Dr Saltzman began the assembly,

"Please give him your full attention."

Dr Saltzman introduced the sheriff, Alice rolling her eyes, the sheriff had arrested her for allegedly staring a fight in Maccas, a fight she did not start, and had to have her mom, Rebeka come pick her up from jail, long story short she wasn't a fan of the man.

"Like Dr Saltzman was saying, local girls Dana Lilien and Sasha Stoteraux didn't come home last night."

The sheriff began, Alice leaning over towards Lizzie,

"Good riddance, I say."

She whispered to Lizzie who stifled a laugh, Alice sitting up right again.

"Dana sometimes skips town for a few days to party, but this is a first for Sasha."

The sheriff continued, Lizzie leaning in to Alice remembering what she had said game day,

"Is this what you were talking about when you said she would be dead in two days?"

Lizzie asked, Alice putting her finger to her lips and nodded, indicating that Dana was dead or was going to really die.

"Thank you, sheriff Donovan."

Dr Saltzman said as he finished but the photos of the two girls, Lizzie looking at Alice when the photo of the other girl came around, Alice shook her head before Lizzie got to ask her question, knowing that Alice meant the other girl wasn't going to die.

"Now while the knife is away with Dorian and things are quite on his end, it won't hurt to assume the worst."

Dr Saltzman began, Alice rolling her eyes at the mention of Dorian keeping the knife safe, he couldn't even stop Hope what Hope did he have of stopping any monsters,

"If Dana and Sasha have.."

Dr Saltzman said, Alice zoning out,

"Now, I'll need a few of you to volunteer to go to mystic falls high under the guise of an exchange program meant to improve relations between our schools, which unfortunately, is necessary, given recent events. Now, I give you permission to compel them, to gather materials for locator spells, because any information we can get will make all the difference."

Alice vaguely heard dr Saltzman say, still zoned out,

"Well, I guess I can set aside my differences, with Dana for a day, because that's what heroes do."

Lizzie said, Alice absent mindedly standing up with her, not knowing what she had just signed herself up for.

"So.. I volunteer as tribute."

Those words snapped Alice back into the present,

"Is there some sort of hunger games shit I just signed myself up for?"