Chap 8: Getting a dogs

(A/N:Ok, so this may be short, so sorry. I have other work such as training and homework so I don't have time to write.😅)

The current situation where Rimuru is behind the alpha wolf who is still lying on the ground and Shizue with the wolf cub in her arms.

Rimuru was surprised and at the same time amazed to see Shizue's strength earlier, while the alpha wolf just put on a face of disbelief and could barely keep his consciousness from passing out.

Rimuru:'Such a beautiful fire! So this is what Doudt means! Hahaha! Amazing!'

He thought and put on a wide and satisfied smile, like his worries about Shizue's situation earlier disappeared.

Shizue:"I-i'm sorry R-rimuru-nii, I saw this puppy earlier so I-i..."

She said fearfully, because of the fear of being scolded.

Rimuru:"It's okay, is there any injury?"

Shizue:"N-nope, I'm fine"

She answered as she stroked the wolf cub's head, which the wolf cub enjoyed it and made a comfortable grunting sound while wagged his little tail.

In the middle of their conversation, the alpha wolf who was lying on the ground began to slowly stand up on all four legs.

However, all four of his legs were trembling because he had no energy left to get up nor moving.

But he did that for the sake of his son who was in Shizue's arms.

He sets up an attack pose and activates his skill {Menace}, directly to Shizue. With the intent to kill clearly shown.

Shizue slowly backed away with a scared look on her face.

ALPHA WOLF POV:

'W-w-who are they?! She had burned the high-level barghest to ashes!? That girl is a monster!'

I thought in disbelief and pale.

My consciousness began to weaken but I forced myself to stay awake for the sake of my son who was in the arms of that girl.

'Although they have helped us but I still don't trust them!'

No matter how they have helped us earlier, they are still human.

And humans are always greedy, cruel and cunning.

'This was just a trap they set and the barghests were just bait. No doubt!'

I forced myself to stand up again even though I had no energy left.

I then activated the skill {Menace}. Which made me release a huge killing aura.

'I can probably use {Moon Chaser} again to distract them and I'll buy some time for my son to run away.'

I thought as I slowly gathered the energy to activate the skill.

???:"Sorry but I won't let you hurt her."

Suddenly I heard a voice on my right side. It was the man earlier who killed the high level barghest as well.

I turned my gaze to him and met a pair of bright golden eyes but behind those eyes there was only nothingness and darkness.

I was petrified and couldn't blink nor look away from him.

'No! What am I doing?! I have to save my son, no matter what!'

I thought as my body slowly began to move from being petrified.

Nameless man:" Oho? Not bad, you can still move even though you are petrified. Impressive! You deserve a compliment from me...but now go to sleep."

I suddenly felt a heavy and powerful blow on my head that made me fall back to the ground.