16

It was about 7pm and I was still sitting in the office. I had graduated eight years ago and went on to work as a sidekick for a year and a half before Deku invited me to join his agency, where now the whole of Class 1A, including my boyfriend Hitoshi works and some new members. We were technically full time heroes, but what comes with that is a lot of incident report paperwork and property damage and legal stuff, we have social services and child services on board, we have helplines and holding cells for anyone we can’t immediately get to a holding cell and Deku lets homeless people camp out there if they’re not full.
I was currently filling out a paperwork report for Bakugou because he didn’t have time and had time. He and Kirishima had been very busy lately, preparing for their wedding as they wanted to plan it themselves. I put my pen down and looked at three pictures I had pinned up. The first one depicted me and Hitoshi on a date in the cafe down the road from him when we first made it official. It was taken by the barrister who knew Hitoshi by face because of how much he’d been in there for coffee over the years. The second one depicted the BakuSquad - Bakugou, Kirishima, me, Jirou, Sero and Mina, taken by my Mum the day we graduated. Third was a picture of me and my Paris friends, taken the month after I had been let go from my duties of being Queen Bee. Mum had taken me back to visit them and we spent a week there because it was the school holidays. Mum was also the person who took the photo. I sighed. The battle against Hawk Moth was still going on and was completely in the dark, I didn’t even know who held the bee miraculous, since I wasn’t a miraculous holder anymore, I wasn’t allowed to be part of any of the details and Su Han made it very clear that I wasn’t right for the job and should never had been chosen. Su Han still keeps tabs on us and acts like Mari’s still a fifteen year old girl and not a twenty six year old woman, he shouldn’t be doing this because she’s over eighteen but he doesn’t care.
I went back to my paperwork and about fifteen minutes, the chair in the area next to me squeaked. I looked up and it was Bakugou. “Pass those back over.” He told me. “I thought you were busy.” I replied and handed them back. “I was but I’m not now so I thought I’d come back and take care of these, you weren’t part of this case so it’s not your responsibility, it’s mine.” He explained and I nodded. Bakugou has become a lot nicer since U.A. He wasn’t an asshole, but a genuinely nice person, until you pissed him off or hurt Kirishima, not that it often happens.
“Well see you tomorrow.” I said and he nodded and began finishing up the paperwork. I got my hoodie and my bag and I packed up and left, making my way to the metro. I hopped on the subway and rode it to the closest station to mine and Hitoshi’s apartment. We lived in the suburbs but not the centre of town. I walked from the metro about ten minutes to the apartment block and went straight through the lobby to the ground floor corridor and down to apartment 5 and unlocked the door.
We had a ground floor apartment that had a sliding door that led out onto a 25 by 40 cm deck which led down to a square of grass. I shut the door behind me. It was silent, it was obvious Hitoshi wasn’t home yet. I sighed, put my stuff away and walked into the second bedroom which was my art room and pulled out my painting supplies and a fresh canvas.

***

It was about 9pm when my phone pinged, I put down my paint brush and picked up my phone, Max’s name flashed across the screen and a message:

Max

Where are you exactly
To: Max

Home, in my art room, why?

Max

K, be there in a sec

Confused, I looked behind me and a pixelated portal opened up and Max stepped into my room. He held out the bee miraculous. I spun around in my chair and raised my eyebrow at him. “We found Hawk Moth, we know he is and Mari sent me to get you. You’ve been with us since the very start and we think that it’s only fair if you’re a part of finishing this, so, Bee, what do you say?” Max asked and I smirked. I got up and took the miraculous from his hand and I said: “Pollen, buzz on.”
Black and yellow pixels spun around my body until I’d transformed into my hero suit and we jumped through the pixelated portal onto a rooftop in the middle of Paris where the others were, overlooking Adrian’s house. “Wanna know a secret?” Adrian asked. “Yeah.” I replied. “My Dad is Hawk Moth and Nathalie is Mayura.” He chuckled. “Makes sense.” I stated and we discussed a plan before running and jumping and going straight through his big circle window into what looked - and smelled like a meth lab. “Dude.” Luka said, looking around.
“I’m gonna take a bit fat guess and say that’s your Mum.” Alya said, pointing at the transparent coffin lying in the light of the room. Adrian walked up to it and titled his head. “She looks dead.” He commented. “That’s disturbing.” Nino said, “That's rank.” Alya chimed in. “Your Dad is definitely a psychopath.” I mentioned. “I like all of those answers.” Adrian laughed. “Well then, let's go hunt down a psychopath.” Mari said and we all ran off to where Mr Agreste kept his secret hideout.
We got up there and we snuck up on him and me and Mari closed in on him while Nino made up a shield, keeping him in and Mayura out. Alya, Luka and Max’s job was to deal with Mayura.
Hawk Moth spun around and ran up. “Venom!” I yelled and before he could react, I slammed my first into his chest and he was frozen. Mari took the miraculous and hid it away in her yoyo. Nino let down the shield and it was just Mr Agreste, sitting on his knees on the floor, looking defeated. I looked over at Max, Luka, Alya and Adrian who had defeated Mayura. “Weren’t able to save the miraculous sorry.” Adrian commented and Mari laughed. “No harm done.” She said and we left before the authorities turned up.

***

It was early morning in France and we sat on the bridge where Andrea had his wagon in the daytime. I dragged a hand through my hair and laughed. “Wait, oh my god you grew a goatee.” Luka said and I looked up and laughed. I had in fact grown a goatee, but a thin one that looked well manicured. “Yes I did, I’ve had this for about two years.” I said and Alya gasped.
“So.” I asked. “What are you guys doing now?” I asked. “Well I assume you’re a pro hero.” Max commented. “Yep, Chargebolt to the rescue. I finally got good control of my quirk and I no longer have a pitiful limit, I can actually use quite a lot.” I explained. “How much?” Mari asked. “8.7 billion volts.” I smiled. “Damn.” Alya said. “But, I am now a full time Blogger, I still have the LadyBlog and now it’s gonna shut down because no more Hawk Moth.” Alya explained. “I’m a movie director.” Nino commented. “I’m in a small band, we’re just starting up.” Luka smiled. “I’m a fashion designer but I specialise in million euro wedding dresses..” Mari commented. “Full time model instead of part time.” Adrian said, “Programmer and IT specialist.” Max said and I nodded.
My phone ran and I pulled it out of my pocket. “Put it on speaker.” Alya told me so I did. And it was Hitoshi. “Hi.” I said, “where the fuck are you?” He asked, but not angrily, he was laughing as I spoke. “Somewhere on this earth.” I replied. “I should hope you are but like where?”
“Paris.” I laughed. “You're joking.” He said, “Nah, turn on the news.” I told him. There was silence on the other end for about five minutes before he began speaking again. “Ah, okay, well get home, I have a surprise.” He told me so I told him I would be home soon, hung up and said goodbye to my friends and Max dropped me home.
I stepped out of the pixelated portal in the living room and Hitoshi sat on the couch. He held a box. “Come sit.” He told me so I went and sat next to him and he handed me the box. There were lots of glue stick sized holes in the side and it meowed. I sighed and opened the box, inside was a little tabby kitten. It had blue eyes and a little collar on with a gold ring. “Will you marry me?” Hitoshi asked. “Of course.” I replied. “Wait, what’s the cat’s name?”  I asked. “I don’t know, you get to name her, she’s your kitten.” He smiled and I thought for a moment. “Hallie. Your name is now Hallie.” I smiled and snuggled into the croak on Hitoshi’s arm with Hallie curled up on my chest.

THE END