<1>

Knocking on the door I do my best to keep up the soft smile, trying not to let my recent stress and anxiety leak out.

The past 3 months have been dangerously hectic and full of emotions. It's all just been a big mess I needed to escape.

The door opens revealing a 60-year-old looking woman I'd only spoken to through the phone, her once blonde hair looking close to white. I couldn't help but instantly relax, she just gave off that motherhand aura and her smile was truthful teacher showing care and slight hidden nostalgia.

She seemed to have been a very strong woman, clearly trying to hide her feelings and reactions. My best guess was some kind of military training.

"Lovely to finally meet you in person, Miss Hudson"

The lady beamed in both shock and happiness before guiding me in.

"Finally someone of manners in this household, I was close to loosing my mind!"

Laughing, I tried not to show my uneasiness at the picture I was getting painted of my flatmate. Either way this was my only option left, so I needed to act normal for as long as possible, got to keep my reflections to myself.

The lobby was quite simple the staircase starting right in front of me and climbing up to the second and third floors. On one side of the stairs was a kitchen on the other a door that, I guessed led to Ms Hudson's private part of the house.

Following behind Ms Hudson to the second floor where my flatmates room was, after meeting him we'd head to the floor where my room was.

Halfway there two gunshots were heard, I almost jumped out of my skin, meanwhile Miss Hudson barely reacted. Well she did since, the moment they stopped, she was up the stairs at high speed straight for the first door. Her expression told me she was mad and yet unimpressed.

I tried to follow behind her hearing her yell at a man that he'd better get a new case or go shoot somewhere else.

Walking into the garage room, that held few couches and large windows, all of my senses on edge, ready for...well, whatever!

But instead the person I saw speaking with Hudson and looking dreadfully bored was...

"Sherlock..."

Looks turned at me and when Sherlock's green eyes met mine I could see the micro expression of suprise, recognition and finally happiness.

Of course all turned down, he is Sherlock, but they still existed. Rarely apparent to that uneducated eye.

The man in front of me couldn't not be mistaken, especially after his reaction just now, he'd changed of course!

His hair had grown, his clothing style still very much the same, but some of his features had mature, he looked like a man.

But even as a men, he once been a little boy I'd grown up with, a friend she hadn't seen for far too long. Someone she could reach for in search of comfort and advice, painfully honest advice!