<6>

"Oh please it doesn't take a genius to know who'd call from the local station to my personal number on my first working day! Sir perhaps you'd like to make it harder next time?"

I quickly catch myself. SHIT! Maybe speaking to my superiors like that wasn't my best choice of actions?

Stumbling across Sherlock again was doing me no good already!

"Sorry...please go on with whatever you may need"

I had already guessed it was a murder, a test run for me as he could've sent someone with more expertise. Probably hoping to rate my skills with his own eyes and not thanks to rumors.

Half listening to what he was saying I looked to Sherlock who seemed focused on analysing me to guess the conversation.

"Yes sir I'll be there as soon as posible, count me in, in around 20 minutes "

Hanging up I twirl on my heels as I'd stood up for the phone call. Smiling at Sherlock I turn back around to go get my jacked and sunglasses, turns out the help me look and analyse people without getting caught.

"Since when do you have the detective title?"

His words weren't an actual question he knew I didn't just wanted to know why I'd lied.

"Oh I don't, I'm actually a Doctor but that makes me sound old and boring, while if I announced myself as a detective...Men tend to imagine me as more sexi and thus comply easily into giving extra information! I don't actually need to look good just my acting and titles tilts them into finding me atractive"

He hummed understanding and watched me get ready not making any move. Once I was done and only starting to slip on my coat, after reattaching my heels I'd got off for confort, I look back at Sherlock and raise an eyebrow at his unmoving figure.

"If you're going to follow me either way, might as well come along now and not waist money on a second cab!"

This made a micro expression of happiness and excitement flash across his features and I couldn't help but smile even more. He moved around quickly and was soon slipping on his own coat standing by my side.

"Only one rule, this is my case! Unless I ask for you I'm alright with my own incomplete observation, need to prove myself "

I could've swore I saw him pout for a second before he nodded and followed along as I called a cab.

Stepping out of the cab with Sherlock on my heels seemed to be a shocking image for everyone around us, I suppose it's usually the other way around?

But Sherlock and I friendship has gone on for a while now and one our biggest boundaries is whose case is what, for as long as the case goes on the person assigned is in charge and the other must not bother them.

It mainly started thanks to both of our overgrown pride's, couldn't have worked any other way.