<9>

God knows I'd never be able to confront anyone for my own well being, but if others were willing to play dirty and go for either of the Holmes brother's, then I had every right to fight back.

Once we got closer to the boys I gave my walk a bit of a jumping around, to try and soothe my nerves by doing something.

Once besides Sherlock I gave him a small reassuring small knowing he'd be wondering what I was faking for.

When Donovan was close enough I raise my hand as a goodbye.

"Bye, it was very nice to meet you! I'd love to be friends at some point, if you'd like to? It's hard to find strong woman in our field as you probably already know"

She was still in some sort of trance a d only nodded staying quiet as Sherlock and I got into the cab.

Once seated he raised and eyebrow at me and I sighted, relaxing into the emotions I was actually feeling and looking out of the window, I answered his unspoken question.

"She won't be a problem from now on"

This made Sherlock frown but he didn't address it, at least not until we got out of the cab and into the lobby.

"Emilie please correct me if I'm wrong... Did you just threatened Donovan on your first day of work on MY behalf?!"

Rolling my eyes I started to slip of my coat, always so dramatic like he didn't already expect me to do something about it.

It wasn't news that I was very protective of the very few friends I managed to make, this meant Sherlock and Mycroft mainly. So why did he always insisted on throwing a fit everytime I protected him?!

I'd first though during our teens and childhood that he felt it damaged his masculinity but that was obviously proved wrong during our years together. My most recent conclusion was he feared me getting into trouble because of him.

Sentiment might be a chemical default but he certainly didn't care about that when in this kind of situations and would rather get hurt himself instead of me.

"Emilie please, it's been your first day, I do not need John to know just how wrong that is!"

Rolling my eyes I cross my arms pouting slightly.

"I simply guided her towards the correct course of action, didn't touch a hair out of her head"

Sherlock looked unimpressed by my defense climbing out of the cab as we'd reached Baker street, helping me out as he did.

Walking in I thought he'd finally let it go and hanged my coat smoothing out a few creases in my clothes and giving Miss Hudson a smile as I followed Sherlock upstairs.

"You know better than anyone how there are plenty of ways to hurt threaten someone without fisically doing anything to them. And to act as though I wouldn't know is almost insulting! You shouldn't have done it as previously stated I need not of boring idiotic humans to reach that conclusion and perhaps that also means something"