<5>

Apparently me approving of the idea pleased him as I saw a micro-expression of happiness pass through his features.

"That is if you don't undermine my science of course"

This got an eye roll from Sherlock as he dismissively waved me off.

"To solely focus on expressions feelings and their meaning is ridiculous!"

I gasped faking surprised as I already knew far too well his opinion on my passion.

"I also analyse reactions and you know it!"

Again Sherlock scoffed as if i was being ridiculous.

"Barely, there's so many details you skip past! And may I remind you that sentiment is merely a chemical defect found on the loosing side?"

As much as I tried to hold it in a laugh left my lips. So many years and yet Sherlock held on strongly to his theory!

"And yet the wonders it brings along with it are fully real! If only for the short period in heaven, thanks to those chemicals, then perhaps I won't mind joining the loosing side"

This got Sherlock to quiet down leaving his drink to the side and bring one hand to his chin seemingly confused and interested.

"You seem to agree with me on my theory, not as obvious as every other chemically numbed idiot. And yet you still search for that chemical that sentiment?"

I gave him my best smile knowing to him the concept was illogical. But I was truthful to my words, yes my last relationship might have ended badly, horribly in my point of view...but the feelings I felt towards that coward, that asshole, where pleasant and nerve wreaking they where addictive.

And although I might be a lot more vigilant after this I'm not closing off to them again.

"Wrong, I'm not looking for them, I'm simply not blocking them out if they ever come to happen"

His expression tells me he's not convinced, but finds my point of view acceptable. I wonder if he'll ever take me off his list of fairly intelligent people, into average which basically means idiot in his eyes and if he'd even tell me, if that where to happen.

Sherlock's eyes are locked on me but I can clearly tell by the look in his eyes that he's far away in his thoughts. His fingers moving away from the prayer like position and his lips parting like he's about to speak before closing again, like he's searching for a better way to frase his inquiry.

Sadly I never get to hear whatever had his mind working so hard as my phone starts to ring.

Looking at the call ID I can tell my face just lit up and I don't attempt to hide it, after all I'm with Sherlock. It would be no use and it's not like he wouldn't react exactly the same way as I.

"Hello, this is Detective Emilie Blanchet, what might I do for you Inspecter?"

The voice on the other side of the line seemed to gasp before mumbling a quiet how?