Chapter ? - Grape Gatorade

A/N – I don't even remember how long it's been since I started writing this? Four years? Five? When I started writing this, I was in a dark place. I had just started college and felt separated from my friends. I was depressed because I was doing the school thing for my parents and not for myself. I felt so impossibly lonely and turned to fandom to fill that void.

Now, I'm not saying fandom is bad, however, it was crutch I would sink myself into when I felt like there was nothing left. I'm in a better headspace now and even though I still participate in fandom because it makes me happy, I've become more of a consumer rather than a creator.

I feel bad for those of you who liked this story (I will admit that reading through it, some parts still make me laugh). However, it's been so long that I no longer remember where the story was headed, and I no longer feel like I have the capacity to finish it. Again, I truly apologize that this will remain unfinished. However, I still have one chapter left that I had prewritten ages ago. It was not meant to come right after the preceeding chapter. From what I remember, it was meant to be published further into the story.

Either way, here is that chapter in it's entirety.

Where was I going with this? I don't know. Is it juicy and drama filled? Yes. I guess I was going for the saucy love triangle lol

 ~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~

I feel my phone buzz in my pocket. I reach down and see that it's from Jason. That's weird. He hardly ever texts me. I quickly disable my lock screen and look at his message.

Jaybird: [come over to the apartment]

Jaybird: [i need you]

Vi: [Cryptic much?]

Vi: [What's up?]

I quickly type back and stare at the screen waiting for the three little dots to appear meaning he's typing. After about a minute of no response, I start getting worried.

Vi: [Jay? Are you ok?]

Vi: [This isn't funny. Answer me]

Now I'm starting to panic. I had saw earlier on Twitter that he was battling some villains downtown. I didn't pay much mind to it at the time, because it was just another normal day in Gotham, but now all of the awful possibilities of what could possibly have happened start to swirl in my head.

Vi: [Don't move]

Vi: [I'm coming now]

I can hardly breathe as I shove my feet in my sneakers. I grab my bag and throw open my door. I take the stairs two at a time and subsequently trip because of it and run straight into Alfred.

"Slow down. What's wrong?" Alfred asks concerned as he steadies me.

"Jason," I manage to get out in between breaths. I don't even wait for his answer and sprint out of the mansion, grabbing Dick's motorcycle keys off the table by the entrance on the way. Straddling the bike, I shove the helmet on my head and start the ignition. The engine roars to life and I peal out of the driveway at a breakneck speed.

He's hurt, he's bleeding out, he's dying, he's dead. He's hurt, he's bleeding out, he's dying, he's dead. These words are playing on repeat in my head as I race through the streets of Gotham, wiling the bike to go faster.

I do a quick turn as I come up on his apartment and drive into the adjacent ally. The bike screeches to a halt as I practically fling myself off of it and to the grimy backdoor of the building. I fumble with my key ring as I try to find the right one, but the helmet is impairing my vision. I cast it off and toss it haphazardly into the ally in the general direction of the bike.