My Ninja Babysitter Burns My House Down

Ok, so I might have been wrong about Damian keeping tabs on me, because so far I haven't seen him once, or anyone else for that matter. Dick hasn't even shown up for a cup of coffee. It's been three days and I'm starting to feel blown off. Bruce had assured me that he would get in contact once he found out some information about my situation, but so far it's been complete radio silence.

I've just been going around my daily business, or rather, my doppelganger's daily business. From what I can gather from these past few days is that she almost went to the Olympics for figure skating, which is far more than I ever accomplished. Back in my world, skating was just a hobby for me and I was working towards getting a degree in Landscape Architecture at my local college, but for her it was life. She almost failed out of high school because she was so focused on her dream. But then something happened, I don't quite know what, but there are no more awards in her apartment after her senior year of high school. There is also nothing on her calendar that points to any competitions she was going to be in after that point in time.

I've had so much time off recently since my doppelganger decided to not continue with school and go to college. I've actually spent my time off trying to find out more about her, other than the stuff I find out from coworkers in passing.

Her apartment had seemed totally normal at first. She seemed to have the same decorating taste that I do. A bed pushed in the corner with a fluffy duvet and tons of pillows, an overstuffed couch facing a small TV mounted to the wall, and book shelves on either side stuffed so full of books and trophies there were some stacked on top because they would fit nowhere else. The place was messy but in an organized way, the exact same way I liked to keep my apartment. Even her wardrobe was close to the same as mine, minus the fandom merch I had. For obvious reasons she didn't have my "I ❤ Dick" t-shirt where the heart was the Nightwing symbol.

Really, the only thing different about her apartment and mine was the lack of house plants, which I would soon have to fix. After the first day I spent in it however, I noticed something odd. There are hardly any personal belongings in the apartment besides the trophies. There are no journals, no pictures, and surprisingly not much on her laptop. I tried to do some sleuthing, but her browsing history was completely cleared. I looked her up on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook, but there were only old posts. Even her contacts on her phone were abysmal. She didn't have anyone else listed in it besides managers and coworkers. Her life seemed to have stopped after she stopped skating. It filled me with a sense of melancholy that I just couldn't shake off.

After looking at the old posts of her smiling with a huge trophy held in her hands for at least the fourth time, I decide to go to the rink and blow off some steam. It's what I usually do whenever I want to get my mind off of something. I quickly change out of my jeans and into long black spandex, throw on a sweatshirt, and grab my bag with my skates.

There is no one at the rink when I arrive since it's the middle of the day on a Tuesday. Deryll greets me at the front desk and I jog behind the counter and take my skates out so I can sharpen them. I take my newly sharpened skates and sit on a bench and lace them up. Deryll said it would be ok, so I hook my phone up to the speakers in the building. Once I step out onto the ice I just skate around for a bit, doing nothing fancy, just getting a feel for it. Once I'm done, I skate back to the entrance and turn on a song I had recently downloaded onto her phone. My doppelganger didn't have it and since it's my phone now, I figured she wouldn't kill me if I bought it with her money, or rather our money considering I'm working for it now.

(A/N - I couldn't find the actual song, only the piano version)