20. The Play

A few nights before, Shi Qingxuan had gone to see Hua Cheng at Paradise Manor; he was making plans about Ghost City's extra volume of visitors due to the theatre play. Without Yin Yu, he had other subordinates around, keeping them under close supervision. Xie Lian was there too. Shi Qingxuan had brought the play's programme to show them.

Ghost City Tourism Guild & Wind and Water Productions

Present

THE PLAY

The Emperor is dead. The prince Ro Meo suspects he was murdered by Shushu, his uncle, instigated by his wife Lady Shushu in order to seize the throne. The royal blood on his hands can never be washed away! In the meantime, Ro Meo's in love with Ju Liet, but they can never be: The Ro and the Ju clans are sworn enemies. The star-crossed lovers seek the help of The Weird Jiejies, demonic cultivators. A play within a play, power struggle, forbidden love; everyone is dragged into the realms of madness and death. With blood, and then, more blood.

Cast (in order of appearance)

Ro Meo, a prince – Yin Yu

The Emperor (deceased) – Bai Jing

Shushu – Ro Meo's uncle, Pei Ming

Lady Shushu – Shushu's wife, Rong Guang

Ju Liet, Ro Meo's love interest – Quan Yizhen

Ju Liet's cousin – Pei Su

The Weird JieJies – Mei Nianqing (The Guoshi), Kemo and Lang Qianqiu

Crew

Sole Investor/Sponsor – Hua Cheng

Producer, or Managing Director – Shi Qingxuan

Playwright – Ling Wen

General Director/Costume Designer – Mu Qing

Stage Director/Choreographer – Feng Xin

Production/Props & Costumes Director – Xie Lian

Marketing Director – He Xuan

Stage hands: Jian Lan, Banyue

On Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, on hai time

At The Butterfly and Flower Pavilion, Ghost City.

"Lord Wind Master, it looks great! But", Xie Lian said, "Why 'The Play'? Why not putting the play's name, I thought it was good!"

Shi Qingxuan smiled, and replied, "Your Highness, you wouldn't know that, but this play's name is cursed! We can't say it, we have to call it 'The Play'".

"Since when?", Hua Cheng asked, frowning.

Shi Qingxuan gave a little laughter and winked, "You know, theatre lore. It's good for business".

Xie Lian only widened his eyes, but Hua Cheng nodded in approval, "Gege, I do think all Heaven Officials are useless trash. However, this one is an exception".

Shi Qingxuan opened his fan, saying smugly, "Hua Chengzhu, Your Highness. I'm touched".

Thanks for reading, I hope you liked! 😄

If you did, please vote, comment, follow me.