30: Am I?

They left the bookstore, after Belle forced Rafe to stop kissing her all over.

When she got out while Rafe was chasing her, she was laughing like a little girl but when she realized it was raining. Her face went blank.

'Belle, what happened? You okay?'

'Huh? Yeah, yeah.'
She whispered, getting closer to him, brushing her hand against his, so she'd feel safe.

He noticed how she got closer to her like she was scared and his first instinct thought something reminded her of something she saw and didn't want to tell him.

He took a step in the store again and took one of the umbrellas and quickly payed.

He ran back to her and quickly openend the umbrella.

'Why did you buy a whole umbrella?'

'Well, I can't buy half an umbrella, can I, sweet thing?'

She smiled as she stood on the tip of her toes and kissed him. He cupped her face with his hand that was free, because the other was holding the umbrella.

'Rafe, I don't like driving in the rain, Well, I don't like it in general'

'That's okay'
Rafe started walking as he wrapped his arm around her and kissed her cheek.

'It is? You don't think it's weird? You're not gonna ask me why?'

'No, you'd tell me if you were comfortable and you're not. So I'm offended you thought I'd want to make you feel uncomfortable to be honest'
He joked

She couldn't take her eyes off of him. He was so perfect.

'I will tell you, I promise'
She whispered in his ear.

'Promise that I'm yours instead, love'
He whispered back, and he kissed her forehead afterwards, as they were still walking.

'I promise'
She said, looking at him, blushed cheeks.

He smiled, so bright. You could see his dimples.

'I'm yours'
He whispered to himself. As he let go off her hand and moved to the side with the road, so she'd be on the sidewald and he grabbed her other hand, moving his thumb.

She laughed at him and he couldn't stop looking at how beautiful she was and he took out his phone for one second, quickly taking a picture and he put it away again.

'Can I ask why you're walking like that?'

'These shoes just don't fit me anymore'

'Come here'
He said, standing infront of her, and grabbing one of her thighs as he was still holding the umbrella above her. Surprisingly, he was able to put her on his back with ease. One hand.

'Rafe, Baby, you're carrying me with one hand. I'm too heavy, put me down right now'

'Call me that more often. And please, you don't even weigh 1/3 of my warm up'

She was left speechless, how could he say something like that with such ease.

'Rafe'

And he knew what voice that was.

'Yes love'

'At the party, are you gonna do drugs?'

He was surprised by her sudden question, and didn't know what to tell her.

'I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked'
She whispered, taking the umbrella from him, well not taking, more snatching, because he wouldn't let her. She rested her head on his shoulder and held the umbrella above him. And shook his wet hair a little.