Chapter 5

My Obsession

A/N

Just a quick disclaimer: I am not Italian, and the words are from Google Translate, so I apologies if they offend you or are incorrect.

Amara's POV

I dashed back to my bedroom and slammed the door behind me. I cried historically, ripping my soaked dress off and throwing it on the ground before stomping and kicking it around. I quickly grab a fresh set of clothes from the closet and put them on. It was a simple outfit, consisting of tight grey tracksuit pants, a white singlet tucked in, and a cream cotton cardigan. I relax by tying my long brown hair into a messy bun.

Amara, take a deep breath; he's probably lying so you can stay.

But I'm not staying; I'm leaving here tonight.

I hurried to the bedroom door and yanked it open, wincing as I saw the maid standing right outside. She looks at me with suspicious eyes. I couldn't move a muscle as she continued to stare at me.

"Stupida ragazza (Stupid girl)" She hissed as she looked at me.

"I'm not sure what you're saying, crazy woman, but I'm leaving!"I yelled at her and shoved her out of the way. I dashed ahead after hearing the maid yell at me. I turned my head as I ran, noticing her slowly following me with her angry face.

This woman is insane!

I hurried to a hallway corner and opened a random door, immediately going inside to hide. I tried to control my breathing by breathing softly. The room was dark and small, and I could hear the maid's footsteps getting closer and closer. My heart started racing as I quickly put my hand over my mouth to cover my breathing. My gaze was drawn to the ground, where I noticed her shadows beneath the door.

I took a step back and fell backwards into another room. I rolled onto my back and opened my eyes, coughing loudly. I was in another room, but this one had light. My gaze moves around the room and I notice several suited men seated at the table, but they are upside down. I moved my body and groaned softly. I stopped looking back at them when I saw him, Edoardo. He frowns and storms towards me.

"Are you stupid?!"He yelled in his accent, spits flying out of his mouth, demonstrating how upset he was. He grabs my upper arm and yanks me up from the ground.

My heart was racing so fast that I coughed and dusted myself. "Please, no, I just want to go home!" I complained, and he dragged me out of his meeting room, ignoring me. His men are completely silent as they stare at both of us.

I felt his body as he dragged me; he was tense and clearly enraged. He pushes me back inside after taking me up the stairs and opening the bedroom door. I wrinkle my brows and turn around to face him. He walks in, closes the door behind him, and looks at me.

"I'd like to go home-"

"You first spill wine on a dress made by a famous designer, then you argue with me, and now you are listening in on my private conversations. Not to mention a small body like yours crashing into another room. You destroyed my door "He yelled through his thick accent. I licked my lips and closed my eyes.

I had no idea he had a secret fucken door.

I just wanted to get out.

I blinked open my eyes and crossed my arms. "If you hadn't kidnapped me in the first place, this would never have happened!" I screamed back at him.

He shows me his teeth with an angry smile before calming down."You wouldn't have found out about your biological parents if I hadn't kidnapped you," he rebutted. I widened my eyes and was about to say something when he beat me to it."You leave me no choice," he said, suddenly pulling out a key and staring at me.

He's going to lock me up.

I twitch my head, bothered by what he is about to do. I screamed and jumped onto him, falling to his feet and hugging his ankle like a child.

" Please don't lock me up!" I screamed, my eyes welling up with tears. He begins to shake me off but is unable to do so.

He kneels down and grabs both of my shoulders, his brown eyes locked on mine. "You must behave and stop acting like a spoiled child. I'll unlock the door once you've realized your mistake "Before getting up and walking outside to lock me in, he said.

I screamed in horror as he slammed the door in my face. I put my hands on the door and started pounding it. I turn around, my back to the door, and begin to skid down to the floor. I lean my knees against my chest, lightly shook my head, and covered my ears with both hands.

Remembering Jason locking me in the basement when we were kids and not letting me out until the next day.

Amara- Jason, I'm scared, please let me out!!

Jason- No, you are not my sister!

When the memories flashed before my eyes, I cried, shaking my head and closing my eyes to get rid of them.

********************************************

I'm not sure how long I've been lying on the cold ground, but I know I've been here for hours. Not eating or sleeping. My eyes were heavy, wet, and red from crying. My mind is still filled with memories and chatter.

Please stop, I've had enough.

I notice shadows on the bedroom door. "Oh sei tornato? (Oh you're back?)" The maid's voice was heard.

"Si, ho finito il lavoro" (Yeah, I finished the job), Edoardo says. For a brief moment, there was silence. " Le dai del cibo ora? ( You giving her food now?)" His voice became louder. " E tardi, dev essere affamata. Parlero con te piu tardi, dammi quel vassoio. ( It's late, she must be starved. I'll talk with you later, give me that tray"

He walks in, seeing the hallway light shine right through me as he opens the door. As I lay on the floor, I squinted my eyes and tilted my head up slightly. My tears had dampened my hair, which was all over my face. I look at him, and he stops what he's doing and looks at me with wide eyes. He quickly tosses the tray aside and rushes over to me. Kneels down and grabs my arms.

"Are you stupid, and why are you lying on the cold floor? Are you attempting to make yourself ill?" He yelled at me while furiously staring at me.

I blink my heavy eyelids shut and move my gaze down to his shirt, where I notice a blood stain on the collar. "You've got blood on your shirt..." I mumbled as I pointed my finger at it. He frowns at what I said and places his palm on my brow.

"You're burning," he said as he stood up and picked me up from the ground and into his arms. I felt my head tilt back as he carried me in a bridal style." You stupid." He continues to rant, walking over to the bed and carefully placing me on it before covering me with the sheet. I coughed and groaned in pain.

" Che e successo? ( What happened?" I could hear the maid's voice even though my eyes were closed.

"I'll deal with you later," he said.

I felt a warm hand on my forehead, but it was different; it was the maid's hand. "Mio dio!" (Oh my God!) She gasped in shock after feeling my temperature.

"What should we do?" He questioned.

" Sta bruciando. Dobbiamo toglierla i vestiti ( She's burning. We have to take her clothes off)" She informed him.

I could feel his hands pulling up my singlet and hear the woman slap his hand away. I flop back down on the bed, groaning softly. " Non toccarmi! (Do not touch!)" The maid said to him.

I opened my eyes to see him sigh heavily and rub his jaw. He takes a step back and watches as the maid removes my singlet, revealing my bra. I closed my eyes and felt the woman care for me. I sigh peacefully as I feel a cool breeze on my bare skin, completely shutting down and allowing the darkness to take over.