Chapter 6

My Obsession

Amara's POV

They left me alone in the room for a few hours until I heard their voices outside the bedroom whispering.

" No!" My eyes were closed, but I could hear his stern voice through the bedroom door. " Perche non sta sfamara?! ( Why isn't she feed?!)" He screamed.

" Mi dispiace! ( I'm sorry!)" Hearing the maid's voice following his. I cough slightly while groaning, frowning, and feeling intense pain in my head and chest.

I became ill simply by laying on the cold floor for a few hours.

I slowly sat up after removing my covers. I carefully turned around and got out of bed. As I walked towards the door, I clung to the bed frame. As I opened the door, I coughed onto my arm, and a gash of cool air blew onto my skin I open the door wider and see them both standing across from each other in front of the bedroom. My eyes were tired and I looked at them sheepishly. His head slowly turns around to me, seeing that i was only in a bra and tracksuit pants. His eyes scan my chest and he quickly removes his jacket, wrapping it around me and holding me still.

"What made you get up?" He asked, staring at me as he waited for a response.

"I'm not feeling well." I mumbled, turned around, and gagged.

"Oh my god," the maid exclaimed in her thick accent.

I looked at the maid before puking all over her, and the vomit just kept pouring out. It eventually stops, and I exhale softly, feeling much better after I've let it go. Observing the maid, who was covered in my vomit. I slowly turned to look at him and felt my legs weaken and my body tremble as he quickly catches me before I fall. Our gazes lock, staring intensely at each other.

"Please notify the clinic that I will be present. I'll take her to the doctor "He told her and he picks me up in a bridal style. I closed my eyes and felt extremely ill. " Hey, don't close your eyes on me," As he carries me down the stairs and outside, I hear him say to me.

He runs to his car and carefully places me in the passenger seat. He takes the wheel and starts the engine.

"Don't puke in my car," he cautioned. I groan softly as I gaze out the window. As I look out, I smirk slightly.

This could be my opportunity to flee, but not right now.

" You stupid, You know that?" As he drives away, he grumbles. "You are one obnoxious, spoiled brat. What kind of rich girl gets sick frequently?" When he asked, I rolled my eyes and stared at him slowly.

" An American girl, because all we do is eat fatty foods." I repeated what he had said to me previously.

He slowly turns his head around and scoffs at me. " Baby, you're not an American. You're Italian," he says, looking back at the road. I lean back against the seat and stared out the window. Nothing but massive green trees can be seen.

" Why do you want to be an American so badly?"He asked out of the blue.

I returned his stare with an irritating grin."Not because I want to be, but because I am an American!"I yelled.

He gives me a stern look. "Stupido (Stupid)". He hissed under his breath.

" If you think I don't know what that word means, you're mistaken. Thanks you to your maid" I told him, crossing my arms and returning my gaze to the window. "I'm not stupid..." I mumbled softly and lowered my gaze.

" Yes you are. You called me cosi magro after spilling wine on the designer dress "I scoffed at him as he said this.

What is he attempting to say?