Chapter 8

My obsession

                             Amara's POV

The sun was setting, and it would soon be dark. When he walks in, the bedroom door unexpectedly unlocks and opens. He kissed his teeth as he looked at the mess I had made earlier. He softly growls as he steps on a broken plate with his shoes, looking down at the plate then back at me with a stern expression.

"Are you done acting like a child?" he asked, his gaze fixed on me.

I walked over to him, stopped when I was close enough, and crossed my arms. "What does it matter, anyway? You're not going to let me out," I said, looking down at the floor and exhaling.

He clicks his fingers together, causing me to raise my head and stare at him. As he smirked at me, his other hand was shoved inside his pocket. "I'm glad to hear your brain is working," he said, grinning to himself.

I widened my eyes as I felt anger rise within me. I stormed towards him, and he notices my rage and rushes out of the room, locking me in. I slammed my hands against the door and started banging.

" Open the door!"I screamed at him. "Pussy, open the door!" I yelled.

"What does puesay mean?" He asked. I lean against the door, cracking a smile before bursting out laughing. I was so irritated and enraged that I began to laugh so hard that my stomach and cheeks began to hurt from laughing so hard.

********************************************

I took a shower because I had nothing else to do. When I was finished, I quickly changed into something more comfortable to wear. Grey tracksuits, and grey crop top. I wore my hair down and let it air dry. You can see my nipples poking out from underneath my shirt because my hair was dripping wet and I had no bra on. Suddenly, the door to the bedroom opens, revealing the maid entering with a tray of food. She gave me a dirty look as she quickly glanced at me.

" Che troia che si espone cosi ( What a slut, exposing herself like that)" She continued, hissing under her breath." E perche ha lasciato i capelli bagnati? ( And why she left her hair soaking wet?) She mumbled to herself and lay the tray down on the table. " Stupida" I frowned my brows, wondering what she said. She is undoubtedly talking trash about me.

I moved closer to her, fidgeting with my fingers. "Are you saying nasty things about me?"I asked her, and she quickly changed her reaction, fearful that I had caught her off guard. She looks uneasy and looks up at me. She sneers at me as she walks to the door to leave. I noticed the key dangling near her pocket and grabbed her arm, stopping her.

" Lasciami andare ( Let go)" While I held her arm in my grip, the maid hissed at me. Her intense gaze is fixed on me. " Lasciami andare," she said in Italian. I ignored her and went to get the keys when I heard a man scream coming from downstairs. The sound of his scream, the horror in his tone, made my heart drop.

I let go of her arm and slowly look over at the bedroom door, still listening to this unknown man's horrifying screams. "What is going on?" I asked, my gaze fixed on the door.

" Morte ( Death)" She responded calmly in Italian, with a raspy cigarette tone. I turn my head and stare into her cold eyes, a strange sensation in my stomach.

This woman is terrifying me, and I need to get away from her.

I cast a glance at the unlocked door and returned my gaze to the maid. She notices my eyes and quickly realizes my intent, rushing towards the door. I chased her down and collided with her, causing her to fall to the ground on her side. Sorry not sorry. I dashed out of the room and looked around the empty corridor. This is an excellent time to escape. I hurried down the stairs, coming to a halt when I noticed sharp shadows forming on the walls. I could feel my stomach churning as I made my way down the stairs, clutching the handrail.

" Per favore, non lo faro piu! ( PLEASE I WON'T DO IT AGAIN!)" Hearing the same man scream and sound as if pleading for his life.

I got down to the last step, my body facing the exit, but my head was looking at a random room that was slightly open and had dimmed lights. There was a brief sound of a click followed by the man's screams. As I moved closer to the room, I felt my eyes widening and tearing. I crept in quietly, looking ahead to see that man screaming in a chair. An electric chair. At the sight, I immediately covered my mouth and softened my brows. Edoardo was there, enjoying his cigar while watching the man suffer. He exhales the smoke and turns to face one of his bodyguards, who was in charge of the chair.

" Di nuovo ( Again)" Edoardo gives the order calmly, and his men nod before pressing the button. The man's body jolts up, screaming in pain and revealing all of his veins as the electric chair starts. He was turning bright red. I keep watching, and I should be running away, but I can't. It was as if I were watching a thriller film.

" Per favore ne tocco piu un altro ( Please...I...Won't touch another again...)" The man who was suffering spoke weakly.

Edoardo raised his hand, signalling his man to stop, and approached the person in the chair.
He raises his foot and places his gleaming black shoe on the man's chest, applying pressure as he groans in pain.

" Ma hai toccato abbastanza ( But you have touched enough)" Edoardo answered the individual and blew smoke from his cigar into the man's face. Edoardo smirks as the man cries out and begins coughing.

What exactly is going on?

What is he up to?

He can't just go around hurting people for fun!!

Edoardo grabs the man's collar and leans forwards. " Hai preso le loro innocenze, stronzo! (You took their innocence asshole!)" He yelled at the top of his lungs and punched him in the face. He breathes heavily through his nose before spitting in the person's face, staring sternly at him. He lights his cigar and burns him in the face. I widened my eyes and let out a loud squeal, quickly covering my mouth. I stared at them, stunned, and noticed one of Edoardo's men frowning at me.

" Signore ( Sir)" Edoardo was alerted by the person who noticed me. I blink nervously and notice Edoardo looking at one of his men, then at me. His expression changes dramatically as he stares at me.

"Finiscilo (Finish him)," he said calmly, watching him wipe his bloody hands with a cloth and throw it to the ground while his gaze was fixed on me. His shirt was undone, and his dark hair was a tangled mess. I widened my eyes as he approached. I spun around and started running away from him. Fearful of him, I let out a whimpering cry. I turned my head to look at him as I ran, and he was right behind me. I turned my head around and looked around for an escape route.

He's going to murder me next, fuck!