Chapter Fourteen

After I got my lunch the next Day, I went right to Professor Indigo's classroom. Many of my friends were already there. Karter, Parry, Serenity, Damien, Liana, and Raven were greeting beings at the door. Mallory was inside with Kat, helping Professor Indigo move seats into a big circle. July was talking with Derek in the corner. Frances was opening boxes of cookies.

"How's our club president doing?" I asked Mallory once the chairs had been situated.

My firework-eyed friend smiled. "Pretty good, actually."

"You ready to start us off?" Everyone was sitting down now, looking at my fellow officers and I expectantly.

Mallory sighed. "I don't know why you chose me to lead this thing. I hope you know that some of the kids that'll come in might have... Gotten bullied by me last year..."

I rolled my eyes. "Mallory, I know that. That's why I chose you to lead."

She gave me a determined nod before starting introductions. "Hey ya'll. My name is Mallory, and I'm the president of Students For Students. To-Day we are joined by many of the Ragdolls and most of the officers. We'll get down to business soon, but first I'd like to know y'all's names."

I looked around at students I didn't recognize. There were about twenty, way more than I expected.

One by one, each kid gave their name and why they were there. Mallory, Liana, and Kat handed out statement slips to those that were there for bullying. Three were there because they needed someone to talk to about things happening at home. Two wanted to talk to Karter specifically about the Upset.

One girl, who came in a little late, hadn't given an introduction or said anything at all. While my friends helped others fill out their papers, I went over to the frail-looking student.

"Hey," I said softly, sitting next to her. "I'm Roxie. What's your name?"

The girl seemed surprised, and maybe even a little scared. Her sad brown eyes swirled with clouds. I could tell she was a being of air by her white flowy hair and small feathery wings. When she spoke, her voice was like a quiet Spring breeze. "Rachel."

"Nice to meet you, Rachel. What did you come here for to-Day?"

Rachel's eyes darted to the floor, then back into my soul. "I'd like to report bullying."

"Sure, no problem. Kat?! We need one over here!" My friend gave us a slip and a smile, then went on her way. "So you'll just put your name, the aggressor's name, and a detailed description of the events. Did you see the bullying, or were you the victim?"

Rachel began writing. "Uhm... I'm the victim."

"I'm very sorry. Rest assured that your name won't be mentioned when the bully is confronted."

The girl paused. "I... I don't know his name."

"That's okay! We can go up to the office after school. They have records with every student's face in it. They'll help you identify him."

Rachel nodded and started writing her statement.

"Would you like to talk about what happened?"

Rachel's expression changed from scared to mortified. "Uhm... Well, I'm sorta embarrassed."

I furrowed my brow. "Embarrassed... why?"

"He told me that it was my fault and-"

"-Bullying is never your fault, Rachel. Whatever happened is all on him. You can talk to me. I'm listening, and I won't judge."

Rachel nodded slowly, taking a deep breath. "This guy in my P.E. class started, uhm... Bothering me a few weeks ago. The first time was when I was coming back from the restroom, in the girls' lockers. I guess he followed me there, and he wouldn't stop staring at me. I told him to go away, but he laughed and said that I was too pretty for him to leave alone."