A Comforting Sorrow

Amy could sense she was in another dream-like world, as the air felt light and she sat in a golden field. She slowly stands from the longish brush that surrounded her, looking around a bit to see where exactly she was. This time she wasn't in a grand castle or a ballroom, " What is this place...?" She wondered.

"Amy!"

Called a voice, somewhere in the distance. Amy turned her head to look, she wondered if it was the mysterious prince she had been seeing in her previous dreams, but when hearing the voice it was much softer, sweeter even.

Amy started to slowly walk through the golden brush before going to a small run.

" Hello!" Amy called out as she ran, but as she ran she could see a house starting to come closer. Her run was slowing to a pace now, she stared at this strange wooden cabin. " What is this place...?" She says softly as she walks around the cabin. It was small and quaint, it was surrounded by vines and various different types of flowers, mostly roses. Soon she could hear a soft laughter coming from inside the house. Amy slowly approaches a window, peeking inside the house.

Amy could see a woman inside dancing along with a man, the two looked happily in love as they slowly danced around with one another. Amy tilts her head a bit when seeing the young looking man " Papa...?"

The man was a younger version of her father, who danced gracefully with this woman. Amy's gaze slowly turned to the woman her father danced with, a woman who dressed only golden colors. That's when Amy's eyes slowly widen " Mother..." she whispers gently.

The two laughed with one another, as Shadow spun her around in his arms. Pulling her close to him, Amy couldn't hear what the two were talking about. But she could feel tears slowly stream down her cheeks as she watched the two. Amy never had a chance to ever meet her mother, as she had died a few days after she was born. She leaned against the windowsill a bit as she watched, they looked so happy with one another.

" I wish I had gotten to meet you..." she said gently as she watched.

As Amy laid asleep on Sonic's bedside, Sonic was still trying to get some rest of his own. His ear slightly twitched, he tilted his head up and looked towards the pink hedgehog that was sleeping. He didn't seem to mind that she laid to rest, as he didn't want to disturb her.

But once Sonic turned his head to look at Amy, he felt his body freezing a bit. " Amy...?" He said gently, he slowly leaned down a bit. He could see Amy's tears start to fall on the silk blankets Sonic laid underneath. His hand then slowly moved closer to Amy, shaking her shoulder a bit " Amy...?" He said again.

Amy's dream then began to fade, she saw the light starting to fade. Amy's head sits up from the sill, " No wait...do....Don't go!" He yelled when watching the image of her parents starting to fade away from her. Her hand reached out to them, but it was too late.

Amy's head jerks up from the bed, looking around " W-what...?" She jumbled out, looking around a bit before looking towards Sonic. Who stared at her in a shocked look. Amy stared at him, as she was confused when seeing his shocked expression " W-What....did I wake you..?" She asks, as she still felt a bit dazed.

Sonic sat there in bed as he stared at her, he looked her over a bit. Looking over the tears that had fallen from her cheeks, he then shook his head " N-No...you didn't wake me.." he said gently before he leaned in a bit, " But are you alright...? You were crying.." he says.

Amy sat there in the chair for a moment before feeling her cheeks, her face goes a bit red " Oh! Um..." she stutters as Sonic watches her wipe her tear away from her face " I-I'm fine really! I was just really slee-"

" Please don't lie to me." Sonic's voice had become stern, Amy felt a few pieces of her quills stand up, " Uh...hmm.." she looked down and away from him. " Sorry..." she says softly as she sits back. I'm her chair, her eyes on the ground.

Sonic laid back, crossing his arms as he looked at her, he could hear a soft sigh coming from Amy's lips.

" I was having a dream of my parents..." she whispers gently, " and I think I got to see my mom.." her lips curl into a small smile.

Sonic tilted his head a bit when he listened to her, he could feel his shoulders slowly lower.

" I never got to meet her...my papa looked so happy in the dream.." Sonic could see another teardrop fall from Amy's eyes, " They looked really happy..." she whispers in a hushed tone, trying not to cry in front of Sonic.

Sonic sat there in silence as he watched the pink maiden start to cry, he looked around his room before he slowly scooted closer. Amy could feel herself being pulled in towards him, his large fluffy arms encasing her into a gentle embrace. She froze within his arms before tears started to stream down her cheeks again, leaning into Sonic's chest as he began to sob.

Sonic didn't say anything as he squeezed her gently, one of his larger hands than gently rubbing her back slowly. " I'm sorry..." he said gently as he tried to comfort her the best he could. For the first time, Sonic couldn't remember the last time he had ever comforted a young lady such as Amy, yet held someone like this close. Feeling his chest and clothes get wet from salty tears.

After a moment of her sobbing she raises her head from bis chest, wiping them again from her eyes '' T-thank you..." she whispers softly, Sonic releases her from his embrace, " It's alright...." he says as he watches her, " You know....I never got to meet my father..." he says gently, Amy looks up from her sleeves, tilting her head to the side " R-Really..?" She asks.

He nodded his head. " Yeah, I never really got to meet him, but my mother said that he was a great man...that I kind of acted like him.." he says, his smile slowly fading away.

Sonic's father had gotten to be around in his life, he felt he could've been a better person than what his mother had raised him to be, he couldn't look at himself in the mirror anymore, as he only saw him as a monster and nothing more. How he had become selfish and a bit cruel.

" I think your father would've been proud of you.." Amy says gently, her head tilting to the side as she looks up at him. Her hand resting on Sonic's larger hand, " from what I've seen....you've really helped me.." she says.

Sonic turns his head to look at her, a smile coming to his face, " and I think your mom would be proud of you too.." he says with a bit of chuckle.

The two of them laugh a little, probably the first time the two had bonded over something so small.

Soon Amy's hand lifts from his hand towards his forehead, " It seems like your fever has finally stopped.." she says with a smile.

Sonic sighs a bit " I feel a lot better, my leg though is still a bit sore.." he says as he pulls back his blanket.

Amy looked over his leg " But it's healing, which is a good thing." She says with a larger smile at him.

As they were chatting, Sonic's servants were just outside. Knuckles looked red in the face as if he was frustrated with the fact that Amy had disobeyed their warnings about going up here. While Silver was listening in, his candle flicked " It sounds like...they're laughing.." he says with a happy smile.

Blaze wraps her arms around the candlestick '' That's wonderful...their bonding, their finally bonding.." she said very joyously.

Knuckles looked towards the door " I guess...that's good, but she's still in a load of trouble." He mutters.

Ms. Vanilla shook her head a bit, before Cream hopped over towards Knuckles " But why Mr. Knuckles?" She asks, her head tilting to the side.

Knuckles freezes a bit, " Well uh..." he mumbles.

" Isn't it a good thing that she is talking to him?" She questioned again. Knuckles sighs and nods " Yeah, it's a good thing...it's just...just..." he stared down at the child with twinkling eyes, he sighs as he could not explain his anger to this innocent child. " It's nothing child, I promise..." he says softly.

Cream giggled a bit " Okay!" She cheered.

As everyone was up in front of the master's door, someone outside was slowly coming closer to the gates of the castle. His breath showed from the exhaustion. " Finally..." he said aloud. Now was coming up with a plan to get Amy out.