A Lost Memory

A man sat in a old wooden chair, creaking a bit when he moved to get comfortable.  He wore a black vest with red tie. He rubbed his brow with his hand, looking like he was thinking hard.
Amy slowly creeps over, soon putting her hands over his eyes " Boo." She says giggling a bit.
The mans head jerked up a bit, soon a humble smile came to his face " Have a good trip in town my child?" He asks. Amy smiles as she removes her hands away from his eyes, sighing softly " I think I did.... but the town was a bit strange.." her words trailing off.
Her father raised an eyebrow, turning his head to look up at her, " what do you mean strange?" He asks curiously.
Amy rested her hand underneath her chin " Well it started when I went to the bookstore..... The book I checked out the other day... I couldn't seem to remember where I left it..." she says gently. The man stared at her " hmm strange.. but what about the town? We're they making fun of you again." He says, a slight  irritation in his voice.
Amy raises her hands in front of her " No no, they didn't make fun of me today... everyone was dazed and confused.... I overheard a few that they couldn't remember what they did last night.." she says softly as her hands went down.
Shadow listened to his daughter, his mind starting to think. Soon looking up to her " To be honest, I don't remember what I did last night either.. I just remember going to bed. What about you? Do you remember anything last night?" He asked.
Amy freezes a moment, her mind trying to remember what had happened the previous night. Soon she slowly shook her head " I don't remember.. I thought I was just reading a book... But now that I think about it... I can't remember."  She says softly. Her mind stuck on something she couldn't remember.
First, she lost her book. Second, everybody not remembering what happened last night. Final, her mind was in a dazed. Amy shakes the feeling off " maybe it's from the time changes? Winter is on its way." She says gently.
Shadow snaps his finger " that's right, that might be it. " he says smiling at Amy. Shadow than sighs, getting up and cracking his back. He looks around the little shack, smiling softly. His gaze coming back to Amy " Well I must be getting to bed.. I have a early morning tomorrow." He says, walking away.
Amy raised a eyebrow, soon understanding what he was meaning " Going to a merchant meeting? Or going to be selling something?" She asks as she follows him a bit. Shadow turns his head to look at his dear daughter " I'll be selling somethings. I expect that you'll be alright on your own for a day or two?" He asks grinning.
Amy stares at her father, folding her arms giving him a confident look " I'll take care of the house while you're gone dear father." She says happily.
Shadow smiles and nods " that's my girl." Shadow says, soon walking into his room, closing the door behind him.
Amy sighs a bit and unfolds her arms. She walks to her room, closing the door behind her. She looks around her little bedroom. Simple and sweet, the only thing that made it a bit more than simple was the little books that we're neatly tucked away on a bookshelf. Amy sighs softly again, walking toward the shelf that held adventure and wonder. Her eyes gazing at each one, her fingers dragging against each book. Her gaze than looked out the  indie of her, the sun starting to set. Amy stared out, in a calm gentle voice she whispers " I wonder when I'll have my own adventure.."
Her whisper trailing off a bit, soon getting ready to bed. Laying down in her cushioned bed. Staring at the ceiling before falling asleep,