Unraveling The Truth

Tails clenched onto Cosmo as she spoke of seeing the Rose family home shine with light as if someone had returned home. Tails slowly glanced at Scrouge, watching as he was too distracted by the people who showered him in concern. Slowly, Tails peeks around to see if anyone is paying attention to them before slowly walking out to see for himself. He felt a great relief go through him. He saw that there was a light shining from their home. His head looked to Cosmo, " And you're sure that's them?" he asks. 

Cosmo stared out towards the house; she wasn't only sure, she knew. She knew they had made it home. She nodded, looking up at him. " Yes, I am sure. Should we tell everyone?" She asks. Tails think for a moment, peering inside to look at Scrouge again. " No, not yet... There's something fishy going on around here..." He says. Tails then releases Cosmo before walking over toward Scrouge and the surrounding people. Scrouge looks up from the mug he is about to drink from. But he stops when he sees his favorite yellow fox is the one to come close, " Ah, Tails, a face that I'm so happy to see." He says. Tails slightly and smiles before sitting down, " You as well...Scrouge." He says as he looks over his friend.

Tail's eyes scanned over; there weren't any cuts, bruises, or even blood from what he could see. It looked like he crawled somewhere dirty, and his clothes became filthy. " Do you think we can get Amy back?" he asks. As Scrouge goes to take a drink, he pauses slightly. He lowers his cup down before looking back to his yellow fox friend. " I believe we can; it'll be risky. But I'm determined to get her back safe and sound. It is what her father would want." He says, looking into the liquid that filled his cup—watching it swirl around slightly, looking at his distorted face. 

Tails listened to him as he spoke; something about his words didn't seem right, and a massive part of this puzzle was missing from Scrouge's story. But, he couldn't prove anything, not yet anyway. Tails take a deep breath, " Speaking of Mr. Rose... Are you sure he didn't pass away in the forest? Are you positive?" He asks; Scrouge nods his head. " I am positive, the moment he dropped down... He stopped breathing. I hope that Amy can forgive me and not come home, not so heartbroken." He expressed, trying to sound sincere about Shadow's sudden death. Tails looks away, his eyes directed towards the door, and then the only thing he could wonder is why there was a light out towards Amy's home. Was there someone staying there? Or was it someone else cleaning their home, but Tails felt it was too soon to be cleaned and emptied? All of it didn't seem to line up. Tails looks back to Scrouage, " Then...Do you know if someone is staying at Rose's home?" he asks. As Scrooge hears his words, he nearly chokes on his drink before slamming down his cup. " What?" he asks, almost in disbelief that someone is there. 

Tails take another deep breath, "Someone is staying out there; a light shines through the window." He says again, but before Tails can say another word, Scrouage gets out of his seat. He was going towards the door to the peak. Seeing their house was lit up with life, he felt his blood run cold. Scrouage looks around the tavern before sneaking out. He didn't want to see Shadow somehow survive and return home; he didn't want Shadow to expose him in his cruel lies to defend himself. Tails watched through the window; his feeling of uncertainty was starting to make his skin crawl. He had to follow him in case this was Shadow or some miracle that this was Amy.  

As Amy, Shadow, and Sonic enter into the house. Sonic puts Shadow in one of the plush chairs closest to the fireplace. Shadow groans slightly as his body aches. Amy starts a fire in the fireplace to help Shadow warm up and hopefully ease the pain. Shadow sighed as he sat in his chair, watching as the two grab or do something for him; it brought a small smile to his lips to see that the monster he thought so little and hatred towards was now the one to show him kindness and graduate to him and his daughter. It made him chuckle slightly, but as the warmth of the fire hit him, he started to get sleepy. Slowly dozing off in his chair, Amy turns her head to look at her father. Smiling to see he had dozed off, she approached him, placing a blanket over him and kissing the top of his head. " Sleep well, Papa..." she whispers before looking at Sonic. He was now sitting on the floor, fearing that he might break it if he sat on any of the furniture.