Chapter 1

"Stop!" I scream half laughing almost breaking open the car windows when my dad decides he wants to start rapping to "Can't hold us" by Macklemore. He always tries to bother me. I snapchat a video to all my friends back home.

We finally pull into our driveway to our new house after over 20 hours. We came from California and now we are finally in our new home in North Carolina.

I am not excited for the move at all, but I really can't do anything about it because my dad's job makes us move a lot. And I don't have any siblings to back me up. This is my third school I've been to in my 16 years on earth.

My dad turns to me and says "You'll make so many new friends and love the inside of the house." He starts saying some other thing, but I totally just zone out and get lost in my thoughts.

I really didn't want to leave my old friends, and loved my old house. I wouldn't say I was popular and had so many friends, but I had a great group of friends who were really loyal. They helped me through a lot of hard times during my freshman year.

I hear his door slam shut so I quickly open mine and jumped out anxious to see where I will be living for who knows how long. I refused to look at pictures of the house before the move because I was pretending it wasn't happening.

I start to walk fast toward our new house when I hear my dad yell "You aren't gonna make me bring all the bags in by myself are you?" I quickly turn my head and realize we have to unpack.

I was really satisfied with our new house, it was nothing compared to our house in California though. My dad's job brings in a lot of money so we had a huge house. I used to be called "daddy's spoiled princess" in my old school but I knew it was just a joke, and I knew I was.

It was a big white house with dark blue shutters. We lived in the richer part of town which was pretty cool so all the houses are huge.

We take longer than I expected to get all the boxes out and into the new house. When we finally get all the boxes in the new living room I quickly run upstairs tripping on the last step.

I search through rooms looking for the biggest one. My dad always lets me get the biggest one to make up for moving me across the country. I open doors to two closets and a bathroom. Then I finally found a huge room with my name on it.

I then look at the rest of the rooms just to make sure there weren't any bigger or better. I then walk down stairs to see my dad and moving people putting the couch in the new living room.

I then look to where I had put the boxes with a huge "S" on them. An hour later I place my last box in an empty light purple room.

I yell down "Dad I'm unpacking and getting my room together!"

I barely can hear him say "K." and then I quickly get to work on my new room. About two hours later I already got my white vanity and dresser in place and set up my whole closet up with all my fall clothes. I got my queen size bed next to my window with help from my dad. I also got my full body mirror attached to my closet door. Tomorrow my dad will have to help me put in my T.V, and I would unpack the rest of my little stuff.

I look over at the time and realize it was 3:00 am. I rummage through my clothes in the boxes and found a big blue t-shirt that said "East Paka" and black shorts and look at the mirror about to take my shirt off but then I see a shirtless guy just standing at the window across from mine half asleep and confused staring at me.

I am so close to screaming on the top of my lungs, but I just quickly turn around and shut my blinds as fast as I could. I then think about how long he was looking through the window, but I am so tired I really don't care at this point. I quickly change and go to bed.