Chapter 20

"Okay! I get it you're sorry. That doesn't mean I have to forgive you." I respond with anger in my voice.

I didn't even say a word about the whole tutoring thing or his mom just showing up at my house when I saw him earlier. I could have easily brought that up, but I didn't want to ruin our nights over that.

I run off and Scott follows me. They are a bunch of trees around the basketball court so I go behind one and Scott follows.

I sit down and Scott says "Just try to ignore him."

"He just wants me to forget about all the stuff he did? How am I supposed to do that?" I say ranting a little.

"You just need to cool down. Do you want me to get you a water or something? Some senior just brought a cooler of drinks and I saw some people with water bottles." he tells me.

"Yeah okay." I say agreeing with the water idea.

Scott walks over to the cooler where the senior is sitting by selling them for 3 bucks a bottle. I can't believe this guy is selling waters; I didn't even think to bring money.

I see Scott grab some money out of his pocket, and hand it to the guy. Scott looks at me and smiles. I smile back. He turns back and grabs the water from the guy. He starts walking over. I can see out of the corner of my eye Cameron glaring at him. I just ignore him cause I don't want to be in a bad mood anymore.

When Scott returns with my water I thank him and he sits down next to me. We talk a little and just enjoy eachothers company. Maybe a little too much because he starts leaning in to kiss me.

Why the heck does every guy in this school want to kiss me? Like for real.

I turn my head and he understands the hint. I look at his eyes and say "I just need a friend right now. You just got dumped by your girlfriend, and I don't want to be anyone's rebound. We only met like today or technically yesterday since it's past 12:00."

"Yeah. I totally understand." His face gets a little red.

I feel bad that he is feeling embarrassed, but I guess there isn't really anything I can do to help.

We both get up because I feel more calm. Scott returns to his group of friends he was hanging out with the whole time, and gestures for me to join. I don't want to go over there again because I don't know any of them and not that interested to. I walk over to Maddy and Chloe. Who I haven't really talked to like the whole time.

I say "Hey."

They both say "Hey." back and introduce me to the people they are talking to.

I pull Chloe and Maddy away from their friends for a second to ask them a question.

"Do you think either of you can give me a ride home?"

"Well I'm drinking so my brother is taking both of us home and there's not going to be anymore room in the car because of his girlfriend and one of her friends." Maddy answers.

Chloe starts to say "Maybe we can squish or something? Can you ask Scott for a ride?"

"It's ok I'll find a ride, and Scott is drinking so that's why I was asking." I reply disappointed.

"Oh ok. Sorry we couldn't help." Maddy says.

"It's fine." I smile and walk away thinking of who I can get a ride from.

I'm just thinking worst case scenario I call my dad and he will pick me up.

I decide to open my water bottle and it is easier than I thought it would be to open. I don't really think much of it. I take a sip and it tastes kind of different than normal water. I look at the label. It looks like a normal water bottle to me. It's dark out but I can still see the blue label with white writing. I continue drinking it cause I am really thirsty.

I start wondering around and start getting a little dizzy. The weird thing is I'm not getting drunk dizzy. It is different. It is getting harder to see straight and stand.

~👇🏼~

(Cameron's POV)

I'm talking to Nathan about what happened with Britney and me when he wasn't here. All of a sudden I see Sophie walking weird and the first thing that pops into my head is that she might have had something to drink, but Sophie doesn't drink. I would know.

I walk up to her and say "Are you okay Sophia?"

She falls in the middle of the basketball court and no one is even noticing. Which might be good for Sophie incase she doesn't want people knowing or making false rumors.

I instinctively pick her up cradle style and bring her to the grass. So many thoughts are going through my head right now and I can only imagine how many are going through hers. I place her in the grass and see she is holding a water bottle.

I grab it and open it a smell it. It smells like nothing. I shake it and look at the bottom. I see powder and know what's happening. I see Scott running over and I look at Sophie and ask "Who gave this to you?"

She points to a guy next to a cooler. Scott runs over and gets on his knees next to Sophie. Now people are starting to notice what is happening.

I throw the water to the ground and say "Someone drugged her drink."

I run up to this low life next to the cooler and punch him to the ground. My teammates go behind me probably if I need help which I definitely don't. I put him on his stomach and put my knee on his back. And yell "What did you put in her drink?!"

He yells "It's nothing! It's just to get loose and party harder it goes away! She's just going to get really happy and excited. You just have to give it time it will be over in a couple hours."

"It better be." I say while getting off of him and running towards Sophie to help.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note- I thought since my last chapter was a little late you guys deserved another one. I hope you enjoyed and if you did please vote and if you have any thoughts or ideas please comment I love hearing your ideas.

What do you think is going to happen?

Team Scott or Team Cameron?