Chapter 19

I lift up my head to see Cameron. My mind is telling me to punch him, but I can barely poke the straw through a Capri Sun so I doubt he would even feel it.

He goes to hand me the drink in his hand. I smirk at him and say "You know I don't drink."

He says "I know just seeing if you changed your mind."

Liv sees Maddy and starts walking towards her.

"Funny." I say sarcastically. I decide to follow Liv, but Cam grabs my arm and says "Wait."

I rip away from his grasp and try to continue walking. He grabs my hand this time and says "Come on."

He puts his usual trance on me and I look at him. I didn't rip away this time. I just keep thinking back to how nice he was to me, and how warm his hugs are.

Then all of a sudden.

Scott pushes Cam and says "Get off of her."

I saw Cam's face and I knew what he was about to do. I quickly grab his hand and start walking away from Scott so no one would throw a punch and say "Here what do you want to tell me?"

Scott looks a little bothered by what I am doing but I just ignore him.

Cam says "What is he your boyfriend now?"

"Even though that is none of your business, we are just friends." I reply.

"You know nothing about him you met him like yesterday." He tells me.

He walks away from me and looks mad as if I just said yes. We are just friends, that's it.

I walk over to Scott and say "sorry I just didn't want anyone to fight."

He says "It's fine." And hands me a drink. I gave it back to him and say "I don't drink."

He says "you've never drank before?"

"I have. It just wasn't my thing." I reply.

"Oh you didn't like the taste?" He says.

"Yeah something like that." I say. I don't want to tell him or anyone really about the real reason I don't drink.

Scott was talking to a bunch of people I don't know so I leave that awkward situation and find Liv.

I say "let's write our names."

She grabs us two pieces of chalk and we go searching for a spot to. It was really hard because everybody is on the court.

We finally find spots to put our names. I put "Sophia M" right next to her "Olivia D".

We start talking to people and I meet some new friends of Liv's. I get bored of just following Liv around and taking to her friends. I decide to just walk around and explore.

I see Maddy and Chloe talking to some guys. I think about going over, but don't want to. Instead I look around for basketball jerseys. All of a sudden Cameron once again catches my eye. He's talking to Britney. I want to get a little closer to hear what they are saying.

Britney is starting to yell. People around them are starting to notice, so now I really want to hear what they're saying.

I get close enough so that I could hear their conversation, but I don't want either of them to notice me.

I hear Britney yell "What did I do? What were you just lying the whole time? What just to get with me?"

He is talking calm probably trying not to make it a huge scene like Britney is clearly doing.

He answers "Brit I told you from the beginning I didn't want anything serious. You didn't do anything. I just don't feel the same way you feel about me."

She continues to yell "I love you! Why don't you feel the same?"

More and more people start to notice the conversation. I think Britney is yelling to get attention. I think she likes having a crowd. It also seems like she has some alcohol in her.

Cameron just walks away looking annoyed and rolling his eyes. Britney starts crying and her makeup is running down her face.

Since the big argument is over I walk around and look for Scott. It was so cute how he was protecting me from Cam. Even though I think he may have been overreacting.

Before I get to Scott, Liv walks up to me and says "I'm gonna go home because I don't feel too hot."

I say "Okay. Do you want me to leave too? I can give you my keys and you can drive yourself home if you want? My car will just be at your house."

She answers "We'll figure out the car situation. If you want to stay, can you just find a ride home?"

I say "Okay I'll just get a ride from someone. Drive safe. You didn't drink right?"

"No. I'll be fine." She replies.

I continue looking for Scott and during this I get offered a lot of drinks. All I'm thinking is who's bringing all this beer? Like there was a lot.

I start seeing some new people coming in, so I'm guessing the seniors are starting to roll in. I see some more people in cheer uniforms and basketball jerseys, so this is going to be even harder to find Scott.

When I finally see him I wait a second before I go up to him to just think of what to say.

When I walk up to him I say "Hey."

When he replies I can smell the alcohol when he speaks which worries me that he may have had too much to drink.

We talk for a little and all of a sudden we start hearing music. We both look around.

A senior must have brought a speaker or something. Why was one of the juniors not smart enough to think of that?

Everyone started to dance and have a good time. I text Liv and ask if she is okay.

I also text my dad that I am fine and will be home a little later.

I scan my eyes around at everyone and awkwardly make eye contact with Cameron as if he was staring at me already.

Then all of a sudden he yells "I'm sorry!" Which you would think no one would hear since how loud it is, but no everyone gets dead silent.

I turn away from him getting a little embarrassed.

He says "I'm sorry Sophie, and I don't care who hears! I'm sorry!"

"Stop Cameron you're drunk or something." I say walking closer to him so he stops yelling.

He says "I haven't had one drink this whole night. It's all true I'm sorry I kissed you. I'm sorry I beat up Foster in front of you. I'm sorry you hate me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note- hope you guys enjoyed the chapter. Please give me some feed back or ideas of what should happen. Please vote and comment!