Chapter Three: Perception

" We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will, "

                    - Chuck Palahniuk

————————————————————

Konoha resides deep within a forest at the base of a mountain known as the Hokage Rock, which has the faces of all those who have taken the office of Hokage engraved on it. It is surrounded on all sides by enormous walls. While generally seen as the most powerful of the ninja villages, Konoha has enjoyed many years of relative peace and stability.

However, those times of peace a day stability are over with the third great shinobi war still raging on.

While the atmosphere was less saturated than before, it was still high with the new generation of shinobi entering the academy.

The Academy is quite large and is comprised of several buildings which were erected over time. The building can be identified by the tree in front of it which has a swing on it and more so, by the giant sign with the kanji for "fire" (火) on it.

Classrooms in the Academy are large and have high ceilings, based on a theory that larger classrooms lead to expansive education, expanding even to the blackboard itself.

In front of the blackboard is a podium, situated far from the students' desks and put in a position where the teacher can view everyone at once.

Currently in the front of the building was hundreds of parents departing their children into the academy, some kids are crying and wishing for their to join them, others confidently enter the building with their expectations high.

However, a select few walked into the building with pure instinct and confident, they held no expectations for the future.

Those kids are mostly from clans, however, a few of them actually are from civilians family. Those kids are what the hokage and his shinobi professors look out for.

Currently in front of the building was two people thay drawn in a lot of attention, of course it was Tadashi Kyōraku and Naruto Kyōraku that got this attention.

Everyone knows that the Senju Clan, Uchiha clan, and Kyōraku clan made up Konoha, so its only natural for the most terrifying clan in the warring states period to get this much attention and praise.

However, a few in the audience didn't enjoy all their attention and praise being taken away. Most of them were not surprisingly Uchiha and Hyūuga with their stick up their ass and arrogance clouded their judgment.

Atop of the roof of the academy where possibly the most important people in Konohagakure,  theu were checking on the new generation.

In front of the pack was a man with below-average stature, all his other attributes having changed over the years: during his youth he was tan-skinned and had dark brown, spiked hair, adding a small goatee to his look; towards the end of his life his skin is lighter, his hair is grey, his face is gaunter, and he has the wrinkles and liver spots of old age. He initially had a single line running vertically under the outer corners of each eye, which stretched down into his face as he aged until they reached his cheeks.

Across the back is written "Third Hokage" which is replaced with the kanji for "fire" (火, hi). When not in combat, he usually wears the official uniform — the customary hat and haori with a red, full-length kimono that is tied using a white sash. He often smokes during his spare time.

This was Hiruzen Sarutobi, the Sandaime Hokage, the third man to receive the Kami no Shinobi title, and the man known as the Professor because of his high knowledge of jutsus and clans.