Chapter Six: Greed and Attention

" People that say they don't judge others by off appearance are liars, instinctively, we humans judge others by appearance to determine whether they are safe with that person, but appearance is merely an optical illusion, and evil often exposed that side of human nature, "

   - Thomas Aquarius

——————————————————————

Like everything in this world, there will always be a sigma around things. You subconsciously ignore and avoid those unfortunate than you.

You pay more attention to those that are more fortunate than you, so you can get a higher standing with them but spit upon those below you, the eyes of greed plagued the eyes of those far too young for that.

Kyōraku Naruto was experiencing this for the first time in his life, he was currently at the front of the room with eyes of greed on him.

This academy instructor and his assistant just revealed his full name to the class, the results were immediately.

Most of the class looked at him with interest and greed, however, none of them caught his attention. However, the ones that didn't look at him with such eyes got his attention.

They were a few of his upper classmates, because of the war still raging on, the hokage needs as many chūnin and joūnin to fight in the war. So they created classes that range from first year to fifth year all in one class room with two sensei's to help out.

This was very effective, and now only those that have injuries or are crippled shinobi teach those classes now.

The first one that caught his attention was a boy about his age, he was a boy about average height and weight for their age, he had somewhat long brown hair that was placed in a high ponytail with two bangs framing his forehead. Particularly enough, he had a scar on his nose that was perfectly straight with natural gray eyes.

He wore black mesh fishnet shirt with a black regular t-shirt over his fishnets, he wore regular black shorts with many pockets that could fit a kunai in.

The second boy that got his attention was one of his upperclassmen, he looked to be about three years older than him.

He had black eyes and short, spiky, black hair. He wore a long sleeved blue uniform and a blue jacket with an orange collar and trimmings. The jacket was fastened to the rest of the outfit by two buttons on the collar and had the Uchiha clan crest at the back. He also wore a white belt, shinobi sandals, the standard Konoha dark blue forehead protector, and a pair of goggles with orange lenses connected to ear protectors.

The third person that received his interest was a girl of the Uchiha boy's age, she was a young girl of average height. Her hair was long, hanging to nearly the top of her shoulders. She also had a rectangular purple marking on either side of her cheeks.

She wore a simple outfit consisting of a light-coloured blouse with a bow tied in the middle and a simple, sleeveless haori.

The fourth person to get Naruto's attention was one of his upperclassmen. He was a young boy of average height, with brown eyes, olive skin, and short black spiky hair.He wore a white short-sleeved shirt with a blue and black collar over chain-mail armor, along with a simple white vest, a pair of black pants, and a white belt.

The fifth person that caught Naruto's attention was a young girl who was also his upperclassmen. She is a fair-skinned young girl of slender build. She has long black untamed hair reaching her upper back, and very unique eyes that are red in color, with an additional ring in them. Her regular outfit consists of a red mesh armor blouse with only the right sleeve visible. Overall, this is very broad material which resembles bandages with a pattern on it similar to those of rose thorns. Her hands and upper thighs are also wrapped in bandages and she wore shinobi sandals.

The last and final person that caught Naruto's attention was possibly the most irregular person out of the class.

He is a young and decently-muscled young boy at the age of six. He has fair skin, a round head, a somewhat large nose, and black hair. He is most noticeable for his shiny bowl-style haircut and thick eyebrows. He wore a green jumpsuit that was sleeveless and he wore a scarf around his neck.

Naruto was interested in those six individuals. It's not often that such unique and interesting individuals would be in one classroom.

" Welcome to the academy,  Naruto~kun. My name is Akimitsu Daigo. I'll be your academy instructor for the rest of your years in the academy, next to me is my assistant, Nezumi Masaki, " said the head instructor, Akimitsu Daigo.

Naruto nodded and bowed his head, " Pleasure to meet you both, " Naruto said while bowing, showing respect to his two new teachers.

" Alright, settle down, gaki. I'm not your parents and I won't treat you like I am. As you all know, I'm here to train you into machines of war!! From now on, you'll refer to me as sensei or master!! The hokage, your parents, and yourself have signed a form that allows me and Nezumi~sensei to physically, mentally, and emotionally damage you!! You will all be shinobi that will eventually make hard choices for the greater good!! The first three years of the academy will be purely for your training!! The fourth year of the academy will kill about fifty percent of you, you and three others will take C-Rank missions where the goal is for you to take a life!! The fifth year will purely be training for the genin exams, if you're lucky, this war would've ended by then, if not, try not to die!! " Akimitsu Daigo, the sensei for class 472 yelled, mostly to his new students since his upper students in the fifth or fourth year already know their task ahead of them.

Akimitsu looked at Naruto for a second before turning to the class, " Iruka Umino, raise your lazy ass hand up!! " Akimitsu yelled out, with the browned haired boy that initially caught Naruto's interested

" I'll sit with Iruka, now get to stepping, " Akimitsu ordered, Naruto nodded and walked towards the browned haired boy who was in the second row of seats.

Naruto took a seat with the browned haired boy, "My name is Kyōraku Naruto, what's your name?" Naruto asked while stretching his hand out, Iruka scoffed and turned away.

Naruto frowned but didn't say anything.

" I'll alright brats, today I'll start taijutsu practice, " Akimitsu ordered.

End Chp 6

Akimitsu Daigo means Light Realization

Nezumi Masaki means Tree Rat