Chapter Seven: The Battles of the Future

"Judging others is easy because it distracts us from the responsibility of judging ourselves. Surprises are everywhere in life. And they usually come from misjudging people for being less than they appear. Never judge another knight without first knowing the strength and cunning of the dragons he fights."
  - Shannon L. Alder
——————————————————————

" I'll alright brats, today I'll start taijutsu practice, " Akimitsu ordered.

The reactions were immediate, almost everyone started to cheer, but none other than that one bowl-style haircut guy in the back with bushy eyebrows.

Shouting some shit about youth and the flames of youth. Naruto was very assumed to say the least. When he did taijutsu practice with Tadashi or Masao, he got his ass beat so he wasn't as keen to do taijutsu practice.

He stood up along with the rest of the class, they followed the teacher outside. They followed the teacher to the backyard of the academy, this place also serves as a training ground for all.

The academy grounds were mighty disappointing, there were small patches of grass in the area with most of it being dirty and just dirt.

In the middle of the academy backyard was a small circle which was a line made from a stick, in the distance was a lone tree that covered a decent amount of ground with a lone swing set on the tree.

" Alright class, Akimitsu~sensei and I will be testing your taijutsu level. The goal is to make us use both hands and fall down on our knees, don't worry since we'll be holding back, " Nezumi Masaki, the assistant instructor said.

" I'll call out the battles, you and one other will be tested on taijutsu with us. Then you'll face each other in combat, " Akimitsu explained to the rest, the class nodded their heads and they continued.

" First will be Rin Nohara and Obito Uchiha, "

" Second will be Asuma Sarutobi and Kurenai Yūhi "

" Since the absence of Kagami Hatake, Might Guy will try this by himself, "

" Fourth will be Anko Mitarashi and Iruka Umino, "

" Fifth will be Yugao Uzuki and Hayate Gekkou, "

" Since Kyōraku Naruto is new, he'll be individually tested, "

Akimitsu ordered, Akimitsu Daigo entered the training arena with Obito Uchiha and Rin Nohara entering as well.

This interested Naruto since they were the people that interested him greatly, granted, anybody that doesn't get on their knees and beg for money, wealth, fame, or power after hearing Naruto's last name was rare to come across.

They nodded towards each other, with Nezumi outside of the arena with his hand raised. With a sudden and swift cut, Nezumi let his hand go.

" Hajime, " Nezumi said, almost immediately Obito Uchiha rushed towards his academy instructor for nearly five years.

Pulling back his fist, Obito went for a swift and hard punch towards Akimitsu's face. Nonetheless, Akimitsu easily grabbed the lightning fast punch with ease and flicked Obito away.

" Great, he's one of those old geezers that look weak but are crazy strong, " Naruto thought while examining the fight.

Obito in an impressive show of acrobatics did a backflip and with multiple quick cartwheels back of Rin.

They nodded at each other once again and Obito rushed towards Akimitsu towards the left while Rin rushed towards Akimitsu on the right.

They made it to Akimitsu with both of them doing front punches, unfortunately for them, Akimitsu sidestepped at the last second with both Rin and Obito's fist connecting.