Chapter Eight: The Chosen

" Fate does not bind you to any responsibilities, it is merely an abstract concept of reality. As long as you live, you can bind the roads of fate to your will and create your own path to life. "
   - Ralph Waldo Emerson
——————————————————————

Fate and destiny is such an abstract concept of reality, it holds no evidence of being real. Like the gods of the world, humanity created such a concept to cope with the crushing reality of their decisions.

However, when one blames all their misfortune on such an abstract concept, they must also place their fortunes on themselves.

Iruka Umino was calming down, he was fighting his elite class sensei with Anko Mitarashi. She was the second strongest kunoichi in the academy with Kagami Hatake in first.

He looked to his right where Anko was also calming down, Anko is an average-sized, young girl who was of slender frame. She has light brown, pupil-less eyes. Her hair color is violet with her hair styled in a short, spiky, fanned-out ponytail.

Anko wore a sleeveless chainmail mesh shirt, chainmail armbands that reached to her elbows, dark shorts, and knee-length boots.

Iruka tensed up and pulled out a kunai, while he was the resident class prankster, he was by no means a slouch in his academy scores and training.

" Hajime, " Akimitsu ordered, and in an instant, both Anko and Iruka rushed towards their assistant instructor ready to defeat the man.

They rushed towards him, however, the assistant instructor easily dodged the slash of the kunai by sidestepping, he managed to push back Anko a few feet with a light punch to the gut.

However, Anko didn't stop there as she attached ninja wire to the kunai, with a sudden change, the kunai went flying towards Nezumi Masaki.

The assistant instructor merely grabbed the kunai with a bare hand, unfortunately for him this was the perfect time for Iruka to step in.

With a quick and sharp punch to the ribs, Iruka managed to push his instructor back a few feet.

" Excellent teamwork between you two, but I'm afraid this is the end for you two, " Nezumi said. Iruka and Anko were confused but they felt it.

Iruka couldn't feel his right arm at all, Ank couldn't feel anything from the waist down like they were cut in half.

" Medical Ninjutsu? That's extremely clever, Nezumi~sensei, " Naruto said from the sidelines, Nezumi smiled and nodded his head.

" I temporarily disconnected the feeling in Iruka's right arm and Anko with everything from the waist down. You can no longer feel pain, at surface glance this doesn't seem bad. But how can you know that if you had a fatal strike, if you couldn't feel pain, " Nezumi announced to the class.

Naruto nodded his head, he should learn medical ninjutsu from Emi. " Alright, since Anko Mitarashi and Iruka Umino could no longer continue this battle, they automatically lose this spar. Will Yugao Uzuki and Hayate Gekkou step up, " Akimitsu ordered while stepping into the arena with Nezumi stepping out of the arena.

Naruto looked around until he saw two people walking together towards the arena, they were about his age.

Yūgao is a young girl with straight, purple hair reaching down to her waist, and warm brown eyes. She wore casual clothes, she wore shorts with a long sleeved purple jacket which was over a pure black shirt. She wore the traditional geta sandals with tabi. Over her shoulders was a small tantō that was strapped over her right shoulder but under her left shoulder which made the stealth flat across from her back.

She was currently chewing a piece of gum while walking next to Hayate Gekkou.

Hayate had short brown hair, dark-coloured eyes and dark markings under his eyes. Even though he is a young boy, he had pronounced lines under his eyes as well as an unexplained chronic cough that plagued him. He wore a simple outfit with a long-sleeved, red-coloured haori, and ¾ length pants with bangles around his wrist and legs. He carried his sword tied to two strings on his hip. He also had dark markings under his eyes.

The duo entered the arena where their sensei was waiting for them, " Nezumi~sensei, can we use our swords, " Hayate said, Nezumi struggled his shoulders.

" As long as you're using taijutsu, you technically pass this short evaluation, " Nezumi replied, they both nodded and unsheathed their swords.

Without a movements hesitation, Akimitsu started the match between student and instructor.

Both Yugao Uzuki and Hayate Gekkou stabbed their swords into the ground and rushed Nezumi, this move actually surprised the academy instructor.

They entered a taijutsu battle, of course Nezumi was dodging their attack since if he got hit even once, he'll have to defend himself against two swords which isn't fun, even though he could handle it.

Like with Nezumi against Asuma and Kurenai, it was a complete fucking massacre. Nezumi was infinitely stronger in taijutsu than they both were.

However, they achieved their goal of hitting Nezumi at least once. Almost immediately, Yugao ran towards her and Hayate's swords.

Unfortunately, Nezumi didn't let her get away so easily. After a sudden and quick punch to the ground, Nezumi pulled a small piece of the rock from the ground.

Nezumi grabbed and with all his physical strength without amplifying his body with chakra, he threw the piece of rock towards Yugao at breakneck speeds.

" LOOK OUT, YUGAO, " Hayate yelled out, she turned around a split second and saw the rock rushing towards her.

Without second thought, she slid down onto the ground which gave her enough momentum to reach her and Hayate's swords.

The massive rock passed Yugao and cursed into the nearby tree that wasn't the legendary swing tree.

Yugao grabbed her and Hayate's swords from the ground while still mid slide, she stood up and with all her physical strength and some of her chakra. She threw Hayate's sword towards Nezumi, the academy instructor managed to bearly dodge the attack with it cutting his cheek.

However, this left Nezumi distracted. Before the sword impacted on the ground, the prodigious swordsman grabbed the lightning fast sword and swung towards Nezumi who was distracted.

The sword landed right before Nezumi's neck which would've killed him instantaneously, " I've seen enough. Yugao Uzuki and Hayate Gekkou won this battle, " Akimitsu announced.

The audience was silent for a moment before Naruto started to clap his hands, " Great job you two, " Naruto said while clapping his hands. This started a chain reaction of their peers cheering them.

" Alright settle down, will Kyōraku Naruto step up to the arena, 

End Chp 8