Chapter Four: Tadashi Kyōraku and Kushina Uzumaki in Hell

" People see what they want to see, and what people want to see never and will never have to do with the truth. I am not pretending to control the perception of others. What people 'see' is not the truth and reality of what others 'see', "
             - Roberto Balaño

————————————————————

Kushina Uzumaki was running for her life, she was currently six years old and in her adolescence. She wore a short-sleeved, tan kimono-like blouse with a dark embroidered border, held closed with a black obi, a dark short skirt and stockings that stopped at her thighs along with brown sandals.

She was running for her life, her father, the leader of the Uzumaki clan had sent the children of their village to hide in a small isolated cave in the small island country.

She was the last one to arrive in the cave, however, what she saw made her skin go pale and shivers crawl all over her spine.

The invading countries of Iwagakure, Kumogakure, and Kirigakure mercilessly massacre, decapitate, and eliminate the children of the village.

Not a single one survived the massacre, only she survived because she was the very last one to enter the safe location.

She was quickly escorted by her guards that her father placed on her, however, one of them died in the process. Stabbed through the heart with the stray of blood landing on Kushina's face.

She was carried away from the village, they had sent an emergency request to Konoha and they should arrive within the hour.

They had been aware of the presence of Kumogakure, Iwagakure, and Kirigakure ships being around the island country and they had made plans.

However, they were betrayed, at the dead of night a rogue shinobi from Uzu no Kumi deactivated the barriers and whirlpool mechanism that made the waters around the country to spin in a whirlpool forever which blocked the ships from entering the country.

Nonetheless, the attack was unexpected and quick. The enemy forces have about forty percent of the island taken under their control, all the scrolls and information was burned by the clan head.

— Forty-Five Miles Away From Konohagakure —

An infantry of soldiers would be a disrespectful terminology to use, over forty-five thousand shinobi were moving at high speeds towards the enemies.

They had received word that their allies in the Land of Whirlpools would be invaded from the three great shinobi villages.

Almost immediately, Hiruzen organized an army of his shinobi to help the Uzumaki's in their battle against the three great villages.

In front of the charge was Hiruzen Sarutobi, however, instead of his hokage outfit he was wearing his battle armor.

He wears much lighter combat attire, consisting of a black jumpsuit, mesh segments over the lower portions of his limbs, and a green gauntlet that covers much of his right arm. He also wore an armoured hood with a bandanna-like forehead protector over this, tied with two long straps, across the back is written "Third Hokage'' on the black jumpsuit.

Next to him was his good friend and possibly the man he trusted his life with, Tadashi Kyōraku, the clan head of the Kyōraku clan.

He was wearing the infamous attire that every Kyōraku clan head wore in history. He wore a black battle kimono with a white obi sash around his waist with pure white coat over the black kimono with multiple diamond-like patterns on the bottom of the coat with the sideways diamond shape with the kanji for 'shadow' on the back of the coat.