Chapter Nine: Ichiraku Ramen

" Believe in your overflowing infinite potential. Only your own mind and soul are the limitations that you subconsciously place on yourself. Get rid of those limitations, there's nothing in this world that is not in the grasp of your hand, "
       - Roy T. Bennett  
__________________________________

Prodigious results do not mean certain victory, in history, those that have the will and persistence to continue their training will most certainly beat the opponent who holds the potential to pierce the heavens.

Naturally, this has been the case for thousands of years. Senju Hashirama lived by kindness and friendship, coupled with his amazing talents and potential. It was easy to see him as the strongest shinobi since the Sage's days. Uchiha Madara lives by hatred and the broken reality of his all piercing eyes, coupled with his talents and bloodline, it was easily the strongest Uchiha since its founder.

However, there is an anomaly to this seemingly universal rule of life. Kyōraku Naruto, he held the power of his clan, coupled with the unyielding will of his ancestors before him.

That's why Kyōraku Naruto showed no fear, nervousness, fright, dreadfulness, and trepidation while walking to his assistant instructor.

Those that hold the true sense of reality of this, assumed that Kyōraku Naruto was nothing more than a spoiled brat who believes in his skill with no silver lining barrier of confidence.

However, the upperclassmen like Might Gai, Asuma Sarutobi, Hayate Gekkou, Yugao Uzuki, Kurenai Yuhi, Obito Uchiha, Rin Nohara, Iruka Umino, and Anko Mitarashi, saw what others didn't not.

They saw the overbearing skill and confidence that the newbie possessed, they saw the absolute dominance and hunger for victory in his eyes. However, the scariest thing about him, which reminded them of her silver haired classmate, was the absolute perceptiveness, preciseness, and accuracy his eyes held while looking at their assistant instructor.

Naruto entered the vicinity of the training grounds, his eyes never leaving their assistant instructor for one second.

Before Akimitsu Daigo could begin the match, Naruto spoke up. " Hayate~san, could you please lend me your blade for this match? " Naruto said, still not taking his eyes off the opponent.

Hayate shrugged and threw his katana towards Naruto, the Kyōraku didn't even bother to look in the direction of Hayate as he effortlessly grabbed the katana mid air without taking his eyes off Nezumi Masaki.

To the surprise and astonishment of the class and even both instructors, Naruto didn't place the katana over his shoulder or hang it from his shoulder for easy protection against enemies or to easily get the blade in fast altercations.

Instead, Naruto placed the katana around his kimono but more precisely around his obi sash with the hilt facing the opponent.

" That's the stance that most samurai and traditional sword fighters use. Why does he use the older stance that's proven to be less effective? Could that possibly be a way to throw off his opponents? No matter, let's see how good you are at sword fighting with my blade, Kyōraku Naruto " Hayate Gekkou thought to himself while examining his younger classmate.

Akimitsu Daigo stepped forwards and raised his hand up into the heavens, with a swift and quick chop to the ground, the match began between Nezumi Masaki and Kyōraku Naruto.

" Hajime, " Akimitsu yelled out while stepping back a few feet, if Naruto was anything like Tadashi Kyōraku, he would be a force to be reckoned with.

Shock, amazement, stupor, bewilderment, astonishment, and pure disappointment were many of the emotions that the class was feeling.

The match had started, and to everybody's surprise, Kyōraku Naruto had disappeared from sight within milliseconds with only Might Gai and Akimitsu Daigo being able to see slight blurs.

While Kyōraku Naruto wasn't the fastest to move first, he was definitely faster than Gai in pure speed alone which was a feat upon itself since Gai can keep up with high leveled Anbu Black Ops on a really good day.

However, to the unexpected and inexperienced eye, Kyōraku Naruto disappeared and reappeared behind their assistant instructor with his arm exploding with shallow cuts.

Without hesitation, Naruto turned around faster than Nezumi Masaki could respond and pointed Hayate's katana to Nezumi's neck.

" Owari, Kyōraku Naruto wins the spar, " Akimitsu Daigo yelled out, Naruto nodded his head and retracted Hayate's katana from Nezumi's neck and sheathed the blade.

Naruto looked at Nezumi and stretched his hand out, " You know I dislike conflict. But I know what must be done, and I can't help myself but to compare myself with others in my age range, " Naruto said with a soft smile, Nezumi nodded his head and grabbed Naruto's hand.

He was pulled up and patted himself down, "Alright class, let's head back in. We finished our taijutsu practice today, next up is shinobi history," Nezumi said, receiving a bunch of murmurs of disappointment.

— At the End of the Academy Day —

" And that's it for the day, tomorrow will be examination day. Anybody that believes they are ready both physically and mentally for the position of genin. Show your talents and potential in the examination tomorrow, and you might become a genin for the hidden leaf. You are dismissed!!!, " Akimitsu yelled out, the class excitedly cheered and ran out of the class.

Naruto smirked and got up and collected his things, "Wait! Do you have time after class, Naruto~kun?" Nezumi said. Naruto stopped and looked down to see his assistant instructor waving at him.

" No, I have nothing to do, " Naruto replied while Nezumi smiled, "Let me treat you to some food," Nezumi said, Naruto shrugged and jumped down the desks and all the way to the front of the class.

" Where to? " Naruto asked, Nezumi smirked and started to walk with Naruto following.

" Have you ever heard of a place called Ichiraku Ramen? "