Chapter 4

TM Mall

It was almost half eight, already cleaned up, herding to Windsor park, hoping that TM mall wouldn't had been closed by that time. I drove the car, faster. It was an open truck, a silver Toyota Hilux, early models and I loved the car. It had this exquisite taste, I mean comfort and seats like a luxurious massage parlor. I didn't considered these small additives can be that necessary until I felt it. My mind always had these basic weak premises of a better car.

You might be wondering my state of mind. Alright, I was completely blank, no thoughts nor scarry images, except for the one which had to do with cleaning up the mess. It's so anticlimactic for me to be so calm, right. Yes, that's what I always used to be like.

All the weapons needed were right on my fingertips and yet to be bought.
It didn't take that long for me to reach the entrance. Thank God, it was still open, trolleys full of groceries and the smell of warm food from the restaurant, nearby. It gave a trigger to the hunger I never took note of. Well, I was busy.

I drove around the parking lot, searching for an empty space. Found it, raved the car in and parked.

The next time, I found myself staring down at the shelves, taking it hard to choose between the two detergents. They were both effective. I had no time for freeze games, so I picked, randomly. I grabbed some brushes, hurried to the till, the hood almost concealing my face, looking at the queue, I felt drowsy. On my own two feet, I waited, impatiently, hoping that no one would get to visit in my absence.

Thoughts were beginning threshing their hard courses, giving some long past encounters, trying to link it all to the current situation. None of it had a fitting join. It troubled me. I could feel the confinement.

I reacted when I heard a voice calling me. She must had called me several times.
She said, "Swipe, or cash."

I begged her pardon and she responded. I pleased with swipe.
Judging by her confidence, I could tell, she was bright, articulate young woman.
She asked, "Trouble with the laundry.
"
"Quite, but a bit of an accident. Can you believe it? The ceiling came down, and all the dust on my carpet, you surely don't want to know."

She smiled and said, "Pity!" She held my card, and phrased, "Bruce Clym Keynes."

"BCK, it is." I smiled.

"Well, I'm Candice Shereni."

"Pleasure!"
She handed over my debit card and asked, "Is that blood on your thump?" I was sturtled and it made me jerky to respond.

I said, with a grin on my face, "Must be the paint."

I hurily packed my staff, took a quick turn and made my way to the checking point. I passed it, already imaging my self rolling the heaving bodies, calling Mark to get rid of them and solving the mystery.

I threw my luggage in the back seat, tried to look for any odd faces and vehicles, making sure I wasn't followed until I was certain.

The nightfall breeze was quite matching with the breeze inside me. The milky moon was making its way up and I was almost home.

I always go out in the night, just to feel the refreshing breeze!