Chapter 9

The rescue ever after

Firstly, in the off road way, were a bunch of small overlapping tree branches on the roadsides hitting the review mirrors and the lights, followed by the loamy dust, then the bumbs resonating the whole of the black Jeep. All of this was a flywheel with jingles to every passanger.

Two merceneries holding what looked like X95-rifles with erased serial numbers, yet to be pointed around like toys had this rare climate printed all bad all over their faces. It's like they were listening to some heart break tracks. I have no idea how much Mark paid them to portrait those creepy faces.

This was the off-road way going across acres of ivy lands of Milnkah Forest. Trees partly scattered, here and there, star and Rhodes grass waving at them, winds blowing westwards and a grey texture in the sky surely was a work of a great artist.

"Drive faster!" shouted Mark.

The whole abduction situation was fiddling with him in a very sensitive way. He didn't want anything to get out of hand. He knew if they'd broken their way into me, it was going to be nutshell for him too. Due to these drives, the gun he held was pressed even more harder between one of Jeffrey's sore ribs. Yes Jeffrey was on board. You might be wondering why and how? That's not important, for now. We will get to that later.

He gulped a balloon of air into his tiny lungs, tried to look pissed. It was almost like silence took him to its heaven where he would be convinced its a good act, but the cold shot Sigsauer P320 gun made him yell like an infant.

It rendered him to utter almost pulling his King Kong giant fingers off the steering. "Okay! Are you going to keep that thing on my belly. You are hurting me.". He said, unhappily.

Mark stared at him trying one of those pantomimes of showing adamancy. He felt more stressed, heart rate increasing, hands sweating and drove him to cross over the gear box without moving a muscle on his face. He forced his divided mind trying his way to invest fear in Jeffrey's heart. He went close to him, stopped when he sensed Jeffrey's odour getting stronger. He was tripping pretty hard, but I'm sure what he did was enough to put a guy like Jeffrey in the right track.

The back seaters maintained their posture pretending to be unaware of the drama played in front of them. The bumbs on the road were the only thing keeping their bodies mobile, otherwise never.

"Come on man, I can barely fight you. So cut it off and let me drive nicely," Jeffrey said, completely taking his hands off the steering.

The car roved few degrees sideways, taking Jeffrey half a second to put back his paws on the steering. What was he trying to do?

Anyways, it got Mark to consider the feeble driver's plea. He slowly pulled his gun off, following a stealthily backing down of his rigid body to his sit. Still and still, the gut was pointing to Jeffrey.

Jeffrey involuntarily went back to all what he surely didn't pick for a great advice coming out of his wife's mouth. He didn't want to think of it, but with regard to the conditions and circumstances of what he might had gotten himself into, he had to swallow it, like it or not.

By the time they passed two farms, the car reduced its speed, clichéd close to the left side and braked under an enormous shadowy tree.

"You can't handcuff me!" Jeffrey yelled.

Mark took a glance into Jeffrey's pupils, maintained an eye contact, not like he was about to kiss him good bie, but just making sure his hostage wasn't going to slip away. Well, he was convinced enough.

He pulled himself out of the car, fast, ignoring Jeffrey's blubber.

He said, confidently, "Okay ladies, let's bound our asses off the seats and get the 'hell yeah' out of ourselves." He wanted to smile on that he enjoyed ambushes, but it wasn't the right episode of the whole mission. Instead he put out that authoritarian look while he gave commands.
Guns in hands and nice dull vests which were almost admired by Jeffrey gave them an average rating. Thick trees blocking their view, were a bit of an obstacle, as soon as they discovered it might be their cover, they corrected their mindset.