Chapter 12

Where am I?

If it was already written somewhere, we would say he had an exact plan. Even the dead foliage on the ground wouldn't tell either. What lifted forth in his sight was just a complete blur. None could tell what his heart sounded like. I guess the cracking twigs stumped by his own two weak shaky feet took the dominance in the soundwave medium. The tree shadows and light beams stealing their way to the ground were turning blurry. Maybe he was just having a panic attack. Surely having a short of air. I would like to add those creepy movies where people get to be chased in the woods by a friendly guy holding a giant axe. I'm sure these thoughts were splashing water everywhere in his mind.

He couldn't think more about an exact plan to get out of this. All he knew he had to get as far as possible. Good thing he cut loose off the car. For a wise thought, he could had taken the car, except that he didn't know how to put out that car hijacking stunt.

Who would put that face? Not a surprised one. Mark wasn't a man to be surprised or caught off guard. Everything comes to his knowledge. If he isn't all that, tell me why he had an unusual glitch in his eyes. Not only that but something which made me think he had some glue stuck in his mouth.

"Damn it!" he whispered, horsely. He scratched his nose, raised his eyebrows in a flick and told himself "He couldn't be far."

He thought of the time he had and what it would take stout man to be found. The frustration took hold of him. It took a nut out of him. It was hard for him to make his final decision. I would say it wasn't a thing which needed a deeper thinking process, but his laziness made it uneasy.

I lay there, motionless, seemingly dead as one might consider, but the cold heavy drop from the dark sky sort of brought back my skin senses. What kept the air coming into my organs and out was a miracle. If I'm to describe myself, I would use words like corpse or much worse , but I wasn't dead was I?

Thereafter, in that soundless loop of time, came what looked like a black boot. They were of them. I looked closer. I couldn't see clearly. I felt his presence. I trusted my judgement, he was a man. I felt my heavy log body being pulled pulled up. Now they were two of them helping each other. The one with much softer hands was supposed to be a lady. She touched my biceps, strong and all she got, looking deep into my eyes. The contraction felt like she knew me. A small cold metal finally did it's job. I went lights out.

Cold beds, warm harth or nice windows you would be pleased to stretch your arms opening them doesn't add up to why I was still breathing. Drips on me, wounds taken care of, some honest looking face surely given a horrible job where they get to wear fancy suits and earpieces.

If it's a pretty usual case and what you would call reactions of a sane being, questions like 'where am I?' would run out of one's mouth. I spent my valuable time observing how far people get with those petty questions. They only expose your anxiety which is not how I wanted to play it.

"Have you ever imagined yourself being free for once. All you could just do is to feel a random lady's breasts, squeezing them softly, not feeling any slight notion of guilt. You should try that before you die."

Was it the comfort of his chair which made him speak softly. I could tell he was composed and confident. I guess that's why he didn't worry damaging his lungs when he let in that cigarette's smoke. Shame on him.

"I'm beginning to admire this world of its cruelty. If it can make a hard core ruthless, fearless and wild man like you, it's just exceptionally perfect." he bent his neck leftwards, slowly. "Don't move any muscle. I'm sure those small knives, white fancy gloves, scalpels, retractors and some which I don't even bother knowing their names had been doing quite some work on you. Tell you what? I couldn't look at all that blood."

"Griffins!" I panted. He was right. The whole of my body was a rupture.

"For a second I doubted you would know my name, yet here you're. Surprised, I am!"

"It's good I figure things quickly. You could've just left me there to die as a clear cutting for you, but you took me, took a hardship to bring me back to stitches. Well, my guess is, I'm important and don't give any hope getting anything from me!"

"Who said anything about aspects and getting secrets from you? I'm going to bring you someone you would like to meet!"

It wasn't like "where are my glasses" so that I could see the special visitor. Truthfully, I was impatient.

"Hey bruce!" she said calmly.

I've learned reactions and jumping zags don't matter if something like this happens. It's me not looking shocked nor shaken, lying there freely and not pegging any thoughts."

Funny she looked different ths time. Any guy can be intrigued. Her arms were shiny and muscular, face glowing milky clean and when you go down, I don't know how to describe that. For that second, past memories came to float on the surface of my mind. All I could do is to watch. Well, I had plenty to spill out, but I went with the speechless glare. Damn it, it worked!

She was sweating. She kept holding back that breath and it was chocking her.

I had to switch up. "Tight pants looks good on you!" I said freely.

Honestly, I was shocked she was alive and taking time to process all of it wasn't helping. The bed was even becoming less comfortable. Everything kept being more confusing like a teenager's closet.

"Are you okay?" she said, tripping.

I grinned, cracked myself with a laugh and turned serious.

"Get out!!" I said smiling.

I'm sure she wanted to cry. She ran out quickly.

"He has changed!" He said to Griffins. "He's darker than I thought he'd be. I'm not sure if I can penetrate him."

"It's okay, we will try something else," he said, finishing his cigarette.