Chapter 8

Glitter Punch

From what you can see in most lounges, the so called liquid crystal display offering multiple news statuses, best shows and documentaries had made the kingdom of newspapers tumble its knees down in submission. Not to mention our small gadgets we've been seen to be fond of throughout the eternity.

With the press of a single button, Jeffrey just clicked to the current breaking live news. The headline said ' Where could he be?' and on  TV, a mother and a duaghter couldn't keep their faces together.

He heard the mother saying, "Surely, it's out of his character. He always call, and since Saturday, nothing from him yet."

Jeffrey called her wife who was busy troubling herself with the laundry. At the time his wife arrived, he was off the sit, standing sharp straight, squeezing the hot mug in his rough paws.

He sipped, waited for the gulp to go down and said, "This is the company where Clym's late wife used work for. These pieces always want to get back to their maze. Don't you think it's all connected?"

"So what? Are you a detective? I told you to leave this guy's issues alone. You'll be the next to disappear."

Jeffrey was already ahead of his mind when he placed the the mug on the small table making his way to the door.

"Where are you going?" She asked.
"To Clym's!" He slammed the door in a hurry avoiding his wife's sick statements."
Today she didn't follow up, he was relieved.

Totally, he was out of line, what was he going to find at my place. Confronting me was one of the most stupid ideas. Maybe he could help, but he is the jeffry we all know. The one who nailed me to the wall in that unwelcoming office of Mrs Chaprins.
Let's be clear about one thing, Jeffrey is not a hero.

Of course, the garage was left open, my phone smashed, the signs of an abduction still there and it scared the weak man out of his comfort. Well, what made him go to my place was surely because he wasn't comfortable with me being his neighbour. He had to play this silly role.

Deep inside lived a voice which said turn back, but tell me, who does listen to that twinkle? He opened my garage door, stepped inside and like an idiot, shouted my name. He did it twice. He made I quick sharp turn, caught in a surprise, received a toss of fist punch to his face and all went glittery.