Chapter 1

'Ah traveler, there you are at least. Just in time to meet an old friend of mine.' I turn around as Morax seems to notice someone going by the name traveler. I smile sweetly before finally getting the flower in my hair by Ajax. The traveler that Morax was talking to, now stand in fighting mode towards Ajax. I stand in front of Ajax but keep my calm.

'No need to fight Childe, dear Traveler.' The traveler and the flying thing next to them turn around to Morax and look confused. While talking, Morax walks towards me.

'This is Chang-Xi. They're an old friend of mine.' The traveler seems to relax while the flying thing gets closer to me and screams in my face. Ajax pushes the thing away, making it scream even more.

'They are like family to Mister Zhongli. Please don't do anything you might regret. I am going to be showing them around, so we should get going.' I nod and walk away with Ajax. Ajax smiles when he sees me looking down nervously.

'You will be fine. No one is going to think you're weird and the traveler will turn around.' I nod but still look down. That traveler seems so familiar to me, but what could it possibly mean? Ajax grabs my hand and leads me out of the city. Suddenly Xiao appears in front of us. I stumble a bit back but before I could fall, Ajax already held me.

'Don't scare us like that.' Ajax helps me up and Xiao immediately bows when he sees me. I tilt my head a bit and reach out my hand.

'I am sorry that I didn't recognise your excellency. I was wondering who was talking to traveler and Morax.' I nod and smile. Xiao finally looks up and take my hand to stand up again.

'You haven't changed a single thing, have you?' Xiao sighs and I open my arms. Thankfully Xiao accepts the hug and I hug him back.

'You were like family to us... But you left...' I sigh deeply and go with my hand through his hair. Softly humming a melody that I always used to calm Xiao down from a Karma attack.

'I am sorry.' Xiao nods and holds me tighter. Ajax looks amazed at us and I smile softly.

'See? Everyone that knows you missed you.' I roll my eyes and let Xiao go. When I look to my right, there is no one there... There came a sound from over there. Someone is following us... Or at least me...

'Let's go to the house that Mister Zhongli chose for us to stay in.' I nod and walk away with Ajax and also Xiao. The one that mostly talks is Ajax while I walk behind them. I keep looking everywhere where I hear sounds coming from, but every time I see nothing.

When we arrive in the house, I smile slightly. This is the exact home, he would place me in every day just a few years before the archon war started. Xiao looks worried at me and I smile to him.

'Don't worry about me. It was long ago.' Xiao nods but still walks outside, closing the front door behind him. He probably stands guard for us right now. I sigh deeply and sit down. Ajax looks amazed around him.

'Why would Mister Zhongli sent us here? It looks like an old abandoned house.' I smile and reach my hand out to Ajax. He grabs it and sits down next to me.

'He would bring me here every day a few years before the Archon War. Morax always cared for me, especially back then, together with Guizhong.' Ajax suddenly looks down. I smile and place my hand on his cheek.

'Don't worry about Morax. Yes, it hurts to think about her being gone, but Morax learnt to live with the fact that he can't magically bring her back. He seem to like you even though he might not admit to it since he already lost a love in his life once.' Ajax nods and leans against the palm of my hand.

'I don't know you for that long, but thank you.' I smile and place a kiss on his forehead. Morax choose a good person to fall in love with again. The front door opens and I immediately stand in front of Ajax. Morax, Xiao, the traveller and the flying thing come inside.