Chapter 3 (Traveler's POV)

Zhongli walks around the room anxiously. I never seen him in such a state. What could be so catastrophic about Chang-Xi flying away? Even the almost destruction of Liyue didn't make him this anxious.

'Xiansheng, maybe she just went outside Liyue? Or went back home?' Zhongli turns to Childe and shakes his head.

'Chang-Xi wouldn't go "home" without letting me know. At the same time, they can't be in Liyue because we looked all over.' I look over at Xiao who looks anxiously at Zhongli. This must be an especially weird scene for Xiao. I stand up and walk over to him. When I lay my hand on his, he gets shocked by my sudden touch but then holds my hand tightly.

'We need to find Chang-Xi as soon as possible. Mister Zhongli seems like he is in such a panic. Xiao nods and suddenly cups my cheek. I look confused at him as he looks at me with a painful expression.

'I will teleport you. Please find Chang-Xi and get them back here. I will try to make sure that da-, I mean Morax changes back...' I look at Zhongli and see that he has his Archon arms back, the ones covered in black with golden veins. I shake my head. Childe walks to us and shakes his head.

'You two should go together and not send Traveler alone into the unknown.' Xiao sighs and grabs both me and Childe's wrists. Before we can say anything, we all teleport to a rain forest.

'Chang-Xi is somewhere here, find her and come back to me and Morax.' I shake my head and try reach out to Xiao but he shakes his head and teleports away before I could reach him. I fall on my knees and Childe puts his arms around me.

'We will see them soon again. We just need to get Chang-Xi and get back to them.' I shake my head and stand up.

'How do you think we can do that, huh? Xiao left us in some rain forest without any instructions... Paimon!' Childe grabs my shoulders and stops me in my tracks.

'I think I heard something. Paimon is fine, she teleported a little bit more over there, I saw her flying. We need to be careful since we don't know where we are.' I come back to my senses and nod. Of course, how could I be so stupid and let my emotions get the best of me? Childe sighs and ruffles my hair.

'It's okay to feel something. We're all stressed out now and you've had a lot of travels which caused you to be bottling your emotions.' I look confused at Childe. He really speaks as if he lets out all his emotions? Maybe he speaks with experience on the bottling up emotions?

'Let's go.' I nod and walk with Childe to the place where he thought he saw Paimon.

'Let me go! Paimon doesn't belong to anyone!' We run closer to a group of treasure hunters with our weapons out. One of the man holds Paimon and I directly start attacking him. Childe gets his daggers out and also starts attacking them. Once Paimon is free from the man's grasp, Childe ends off the last guy standing. Paimon flies to me and directly hugs me.

'Paimon was so scared. These man kept asking me if Paimon belongs to Chang-Xi.' My eyes open wide. Chang-Xi must be here somewhere here then. I run to the edge of the cliff and look down on the houses. I sign Childe and Paimon to get to me.

'Tighnari lives here. He maybe knows more.' Paimon nods but Childe shakes his head.

'Something seems fishy.' I roll my eyes and jump down. I land in front of Tighnari's house and wait patiently till everyone is here. Once they're here, I knock politely on the door. A lot of noise comes from inside, before the door slightly opens and Tighnari's head peeks out.

'Traveler?' I nod and smile.

'Sorry to bother you, but we're looking for Chang-Xi.' Tighnari's eyes open wide but he quickly shakes his head. He closes the door and makes some more noises before completely coming outside.