Chapter 2

I open my eyes and see that I am being carried on the back of Alhaitham. There is a sort of thick cloth wrapped around me for extra security.

'Alhaitham...' I whispered it but he seemed to have heard it since he is looking to his side.

'I can walk myself.' Alhaitham shakes his head and holds my hands with his hand.

'No need to. We're almost at the place where Cyno wants to set camp.' I sigh deeply and lay my head back on his shoulder. This is the thing I didn't want to happen. Now they need to even more energy on me and that's not okay.

'Cyno, maybe we should make a camp earlier. I know that we never needed to make a camp with the traveler but we can't go forever. We all need to rest.' I look confused at Alhaitham. Why does everyone know the traveler? Why don't I know the traveler? Maybe their some famous superstar. Cyno looks back at us and sighs deeply.

'I just want to get to the forest rangers as soon as possible.' I sigh deeply and look away. This is all my fault, I am slowing everyone down and taking in everyone's time. Cyno looks at me and sighs once again before turning around.

'We will rest when we get to the edge of the desert, there is a cave there where we can rest.' I look surprised up to Cyno. He must go there often since he knows exactly where we can rest. We continue walking while I am still on Alhaitham's back. I lay my head on his shoulder and close my eyes just for a moment.

'Are we finally here?' I get off Alhaitham's back and look around me in the cave. Alhaitham sits down next to a firepit where Cyno tries to start a fire. Since it's already dark outside, there are a lot of stars in the sky. I sit down in the opening of the cave, looking into the most beautiful starry sky that I never really seen before. Cyno silently sits down next to me.

'Tomorrow we will get to the Forest Rangers, so you should also rest up. Alhaitham already fell asleep.' I shake my head and smile slightly. I turn to Cyno and grab his hand. He wounded himself while fighting. I get an ribbon out of my hair and wrap it as good as I can around his hand.

'I rather have that you're going to rest, since I have been on Alhaitham's back almost the whole trip. I also feel sorry for you guys.' Cyno inspects his hand and looks not understanding at me.

'You don't have to, we're just-.' I sigh deeply.

'Making sure that I get home safe.' Cyno nods. I stand up and hold out my hand for Cyno. He takes my hand and I walk back inside the cave. I sit down next to Alhaitham and pat next to me for Cyno to sit down. He sighs and sits down next to me.

'Relax Cyno and actually get some sleep.' Cyno shakes his head and I sigh disappointed. I grab his hat and get it off his head. Before Cyno could do anything, I softly push his head on my lap. I lay his hat on his stomach and go with my hand through his hair. I hope that he can relax some by doing this since it always calmed down Xiao. I slowly begin to hum a lullaby and soon Cyno seems to be asleep. I smile and play more with his hair.

Once the morning comes, I go outside the cave to gather some food. The guys haven't eaten anything last night so I better now make something to help them getting their strengths back. I ignore the same sounds I have been hearing ever since I was in Liyue since I have other things on my plate right now. I sit down next to a bush and begin to gather the best berries. When I look next to me, there is suddenly a basket next to me. I look around me but sadly don't see anyone.

'Thank you, whoever you are.' I put the berries in the basket and continue with gathering the berries. I stand up and look around me for a water source, but there doesn't seem to be one close by. I kneel down to the basket and see that there are carrots laying in their as well. I shrug it off and begin to look for a water source.