|12| Christmas special

"Not hungry?"

I look at my dad as he chews on fries, "Not really"

"Eat a little more"

I just stare down at my food, "Eat a little more" I repeat

"That's all she needed from us and we couldn't even do it"

His face softens, "Is that what this is about"

"What else would it be about?"

"Carmen will get better-

"We don't know that"

Dad puts the rest of his food away before sighing, "I know that it doesn't look that way. But how can we expect her to have faith in herself if we don't even have faith ourselves"

I scoff to myself before turning to face the window, "Carter was right" I mutter

He frowns, "Carter? What do you mean"

"Nothing-

"Adri" Dad says seriously

"She's not coming back-

"Stop saying that-

"No dad she's not coming back! And we all need to accept it"

He narrows his eyes at me as I sit back in my seat, "You know Carter I get. He's a guy, they come and go. But you? Eres de la familia"

-you're family-

I don't reply and he shakes his head disappointingly before starting the car once more. I fold my arms as I lie against the window, there's a lot of traffic and it's about to be a long drive so what else can I do but sleep.

"Adri"

I feel a sharp pain hit against my cheek causing me to jolt awake, "What the fuck"

I widen my eyes with shock and confusion as a pair of brown eyes stare right back at me, they're so close to my face. The eyes eventually move away as the person leans back on a spinny chair whilst laughing and holding a ball of electricity, yes electricity, in her fricking hand. I don't know what the fuck I'm high on but that's definitely what I was attacked with, "You should've seen your face" She continues to die of laughter

"Carmen?" I say confused

She spins around on the chair whilst twirling her hair around her fingers, "That's my name"

Ok the Carmen I saw twenty minutes ago was miserable and depressed, this one seems to be in a better mood and is wearing a dress made up of a bunch of measuring tapes in the shape of a body con dress. Her hairs surprisingly still the same but it's tied back in a bun and she's playing with a ball of electricity whilst sitting in my spinny chair-.... Wait a minute my spinny chair.

I frown as I look down with realisation, "How the fuck did we end up here...."

I'm in my own bed with my pink silk pyjamas that Santi bought for me for our sixteenth, not that that's relevant though. Carmen stops spinning, "It's weird isn't it"

"You're freaking me out-

The windows burst open and the curtains start to dance as the wind attacks them with such a powerful force, I jump. "What the-

"Actual fuck" My sister mimicks whilst rolling her eyes

I subtly shuffle away, "Stop doing that"

Carmen dismisses my response with a simple wave of the hand, "Seriously though you have always loved to say fuck. It's really not that hard for me to finish your sentences"