Chapter 3

Y/Ns peaceful sleep was interrupted by Tanner barging into the basement.

"AHH! TANNER!? WHAT THE HELL!?"
Y/N yelled at Tanner before pulling themselves together.

"Good morning to you too, Y/N"  Tanner said in a monotone voice. Then he closed the door behind him and made his way up to Y/N.

"Please- NEVER scare me like that again" Y/N said, while chuckling nervously.

"Mhm, yeah, whatever" Tanner said, not really paying attention to Y/N.

"Well- um-" Y/N felt uncomfortable, in this state Tanner couldn't be predicted. They needed to calm him down. "Thank you for the breakfast" Y/N forced a smile.

"Mhm" Tanner responded mindlessly.

Y/N now started feeling nervous, maybe they... Weren't useful anymore? No, no, Y/N just needed to get to the bottom of this.

As Y/N calmed themselves down, they overheard Tanner mumble under his breath.

"I hope I can trust you enough to do this"

Y/N then noticed that Tanner had untied them, it was just their arms but it was still progress.

"Oh thank you!" Y/N smiled.

"Don't thank me just yet, I'm tying you back up after breakfast. I just don't feel like feeding you today" Tanner said while plopping himself down next to Y/N.

"Oh.... Well thank you anyway" Y/Ns smile faded a bit.

Then Y/N sighed, picking up the fork, getting ready to dig in. But before they did; Y/N thought to themselves "Y/N. Remember, you can't rush this. Baby steps are still important in this."

Y/N then decided to make a show of them slamming the utensils back down onto the plate, looking at Tanner.

Tanner, caught off guard by the sudden clash, turned to Y/N.

"What happened?" Tanner asked, showing a little bit of concern this time.

"I can't eat this."

"Why not?" Tanners voice turned from concerned to irritated.

"Because you're bumming me out! How can I enjoy this delicious looking breakfast when you're being a sad sack. What the hell happened that made you this way? Y/N suddenly turned their head, to face Tanner.

That... was quite unexpected.

"It's nothing. Now eat." Tanner said angrily, brushing off Y/Ns concern.

"No, I refuse! Tanner! Talk to me, please! I care about you" Y/N yelled out, then they covered their mouth. Trying to pretend like it was a slip of the tongue. When it was really just a tool. They could use to manipulate Tanner.

Silence filled the room.

Y/N looked away "blushing"

While Tanner just stared at Y/N.
Not knowing what to say.

After a couple more seconds of awkward silence, Tanner looked back at the ground and began talking.

"I'm sorry about me being rude, that thing that came up yesterday really killed my mood"

Y/N knew he was lying.
But decided it would be best not to know the truth. Just so Tanner doesn't think Y/Ns nosy.

"It's fine, but how about you just tell me upfront next time? I don't bite" Y/N gave Tanner a fake gentle smile.

"Yeah, sorry again.. I didn't mean to scare you" Tanner now looked into Y/Ns eyes and smiled back.

"Now, please eat your breakfast before it gets cold"