Chapter 7

Tanner woke up, feeling worse than ever.

He looked over at Y/N who was just chilling next to him, reading a book.

Then he let out a muffled "What the hell happened last thing...?"

Y/N closed the book and anwsered Tanners question.

"1. You killed a guy who was hitting on me 2. You got really drunk"
"Now let's focus on you getting sobered up. Can you go to take a shower while I prepare breakfast?"
"I- uh, sure" Sat up slowly.
"Great, I'll see you in the kitchen"
Y/N then walked off.

After stretching and yawning, Tanner went into the shower.

...

Once he finished he put on a fresh set of clothes and walked into the kitchen.

Y/N was too busy cooking breakfast to notice Tanner waltzing up to them and hugging them from behind.

"Feeling better?" Y/N asked not looking away from the stove.
"Mhm" Tanner anwsered.
Putting his head on their shoulder.

"I prepared some water and painkillers for you, they're next to the kitchen sink." Y/N said, pointing to the sink.
"Thanks Y/N you're the best" Tanner said, walking over to where the cup of water was sitting.

"If you took them, then please go on the couch, your breakfast will be finished soon"
"Kay.." Tanner muffled.

...
Y/N walked into the living room, seeing Tanner laying head down on the couch.
"Are you able to sit up and eat or should I feed you?"
Tanner mumbled something incoherent.
"I'll take that as a 'no"
Y/N helped Tanner sit up and began to feed him.

"You're the best" Tanner said faintly.
"I know, now finish eating so you can go back to bed"

Once Y/N finished feeding Tanner. They picked him up and once more, dragged him into the bedroom.

Y/N then went back into the kitchen and made a grocery list.
"Tanner probably wouldn't mind if I helped out a bit"

So Y/N, already being dressed and fairly disguised. Put on their shoes, grabbed the house keys and went outside.

They locked the door behind them and began walking to the nearest store. Using google maps.

Once they got to town, they noticed missing posters of them all around town. It made Y/N feel extremely uncomforble. But it would look suspicious if they took them down.
So they carried on.

They went into the grocery store, picked out the items they wanted.
And went to the cash registers, there they saw Luna...

Y/N tried to go to another cash register, but a line had already formed behind them.

They took a deep breath and put their groceries on the conveyer belt.
Trying to make this as quick as possible so Luna wouldn't notice them.

"Was Y/N found?" The same cashier that saw Y/N that night, asked.
"No... Not yet." Luna said with a frown.
"I hope they get found soon, alive that is" The Cashier scanned Lunas items.
"Y'know I remember seeing them at the night of their dissapearance"
Luna perked up.
"Really!?"
The Cashier was about to start talking but a random buyer told them to hurry up.

"Fine. That will be 12.99"
Luna handed the money to the cashier, also giving them their phone number "Call me with the information later"
The cashier nodded, then turned to y/N.

"Sorry that took so long" The cashier smiled then looked at Y/N.
"Are you new around here? I've never seen you here"
Y/N disguised their voice, making it a little higher "I'm visiting my brother"
"Oh that's nice, what's his name?" The cashier asked, scanning the items.
"His name is Cole, he just moved here"
"Alrighty then, you kids be safe. Someone got kidnapped around these parts"
"Oh that's terrible- I hope they're okay.."
"Mhm, tragic, now your total is 50 dollars and 80 cents"
Y/N gave the cashier their money and packed the last item into their bag.

Once Y/N left, they thought to themselves.
"Why do all the old, overly friendly and annoying cashiers always spread so much gossip, I mean it is 'juicy' but still..."

Y/N then noticed Luna scrolling on their phone. "Great." now Y/N had to sneak around the one person they didn't want to see.

As Y/N passed Luna, Luna grabbed a hold of Y/N.
"Hi, I'm so sorry for bothering you, but have you seen someone who looked like this?"
Luna then held up a missing poster of Y/N.
"No, I'm sorry, I hope they get found soon tho" Y/N said hastly, still disguising their voice and not even looking at Luna.

"But you didn't even look at-" Luna started but got interrupted by Y/N saying they gotta go back home.

Y/N then sped off, leaving Luna behind.
And making sure they weren't being followed.

...

Once they got back home, they took off their shoes, locked the door, and closed all of the blinds.

They then unpacked their groceries and went to check on Tanner who was still sleeping like a little baby.

Y/N sighed, then smiled, going down to lay next to Tanner.

"That was too close for comfort"