Chapter 9

Tanner woke up, hearing the gentle sobs of Y/N.

"Mmm.. Y/N? Are you okay?"  Tanner asked.
"Y-Yeah, I'm fine" Y/N said, clearly not fine.
"So, we're doing this again?" Tanner got up slightly, lifting his head up with his hand.
"Oh! Forgivveeee me. For having emotions!" Y/N said sarcastically, sitting up.

Tanner sighed.

"Do you want to talk about it?"
"..."
"Do you want to calm down first?"
Y/N nodded.

"Okay then, I'll be back in a few" Tanner got up and headed to the bathroom.

...

Once Tanner finished, he headed to the living room.
And saw Y/N laying face first in the couch, crying.

"Oh c'mon, Y/N. You know I hate seeing you cry" Tanner crouched next to them, trying to put a hand on their back.
But Y/N slapped it away.
"If you hated it, then why did you kidnap me!?"

Y/N stared into Tanners eyes for a couple seconds, then went back to crying.

"Y/N, look. You said it yourself, that you weren't happy.
Luna needs help, but you're not qualified to give the type of help she needs.
You were burnt out and now you're happy with me. Or are you not?"

Y/N went silent for a couple minutes. Then got up and wiped their tears away.
"No.. You're great. But I miss Luna... They're my family afterall..."

"Family means nothing nowadays. Look at the LGBTQ+ community for example, their 'family' is crap so they make one from scratch" Tanner rolled his eyes.

Y/N just kept looking down on the floor. "It's harder when you have no one to turn to."
"You have me now" Tanner smiled.

"But for how long?"
"What do you mean?"
"Well, you're bound to try to get something from me. I wouldn't be here without a reason."

Tanner frowned and went silent.
"Tanner, why am I here? And will you kill me once I stop being useful?"
"You're such a downer Y/N. You can't stop thinking about all the bad stuff in your life.
While I'm just trying to make you a safe space, a space where I can protect you." Tanner put his hand on Y/Ns thigh, looking into their eyes.

Y/N just sighed, it was obvious Tanner wouldn't give them a real anwser.

"So, you want to protect me?"
Tanner nodded.
"Would you be happy if I stayed with you?"
"... What are you saying?"
"I'm saying, that you're right. I need someone to protect me for a change.
That's why, if you allow me to. I'd be more than glad to stay with you"
Tanner perked up.
"Y/N, are you sure?"

"Yes, I am. I just need to get all my personal stuff out of Lunas place"
Tanner sat there, stunned.

"What's with you today? You're acting all weird and-"
"I'd be happy to let you stay" Tanner interrupted and hugged Y/N.

...

"We're here" Y/N said, opening the car door.
"Good luck" Tanner said, staying in the car.

Y/N gave Tanner a thumbsup and began to look for their keys.

They then unlocked the front door, preparing for Chaos.

But it wasn't as bad. Sure it was still messy, but it had changed.

"Wow, Luna actually did something for once" Y/N chuckled to themselves, looking around the place.

Y/N then picked up an old framed picture of Luna and them as kids.

They smiled, gently.
Before hearing the dreaded...

"Y/N...?" Y/N turned around and...

Yup. It was Luna. Standing there with a knife.

"Suprise" Y/N put the old picture of them, back into its place.

"You're... Not... Dead?" Luna dropped their knife in shock.

"I wish I was, but no. I'm not"

"Why... How.... What happened!? Why did you dissappear!? WHY ARE YOU BACK!?" Luna screamed.

"Why I did it, is not important right now." Y/N said going to their room.

Luna followed them.

"Y/N! You were kidnapped and haven't been seen for almost a month! You need help!"

"I don't need help, I ran away on my own free will and I've been staying with someone who actually cares about me." Y/N said not facing Luna and opening their bedroom door.

"Are you kidding me!? You come home after weeks of not returning my texts, calls, whatever and now you want to grab your stuff and leave me again!? How selfish are you?"

Y/N paused.
Then looked back at Luna.
With murder in their eyes, Y/N began to laugh.

"I'M the selfish one!? ARE YOU KIDDING ME LUNA!?" Y/N turned around and pushed Luna.

"DO YOU REALISE HOW MANY FUCKING TIMES I STAYED UP TO DO YOUR WORK!? HOW MANY TIMES I TRIED TO MAKE YOU HAPPY!? HOW MANY GODDAMN TIMES I BROKE DOWN IN SECRET BECAUSE YOU ALREADY WERE DEALING WITH ENOUGH!?" Y/N screamed at Luna. Mere inches away from their face.

"Y/N! I never knew about this! I could'ove helped-"

Y/N laughed again.
"You could'ove, what?"
"Helped?"
"By making me feel guilty about telling you about my problems?
Oh because sad Lunas cousin died. Newsflash! Sarah never cared about you. She shit talked you EVERY chance she got. And you think you're all high and mighty for trying to look for her murder, but you just look stupid for trying to find the murder of the person who didn't give a jack shit about you."

Y/N finished, staring into Lunas eyes.
Then forcefully closed their eyes and went into their room.

Grabbing a nearby backpack and stuffing all their important belongings into it.

Once they finished, they looked at Luna.

"I'm sorry. But I can't do this anymore." Y/N the marched to the door.

Luna looking at them as they left.

Y/N got into the car.
Tanner was about to say something, but Y/N cut him off.
"Just! Drive... Please.."

They then looked back up, to see Luna  looking at them through a window.

Y/N frowned, looking away. As Tanner pulled out and began driving.