Chapter Six (Edited)

Nobody Love by Tori Kelly!!!!!! I absolutely love this song and her! 

"He said what?" Danny exclaimed, pacing around the room. I stayed seated on the long brown couch trying to contain my anger. I didn't want to speak because I knew if I did, I would lose my head. But seriously, how can you claim me as your fiancé against my will?

"It's a good thing that he's so hot or else I would track him and knock his billion dollar teeth out." I almost nodded my head in agreement.

"That's far from the point! He just can't do stuff like that."

He shrugged, "Well he is a billionaire, Odette. He can pretty much do anything he wants."

I let my arms fly up and fall to hit my thighs. "What the actual fuck? I thought you were on my side!" I yelled so loud im pretty sure the people across the street heard me. Alright I admit, he is very good looking and may be the sexiest man walking but he can't just put me in a position like this.

But you'd like him to put you in another!

"Oh shut up." I growled at that obnoxious voice in my head. I really need to get her an off button. Danny gave me an odd look and whispered, "I didn't say anything."

I rubbed my temples and took a deep breath slowly pacing. 

"Of course im on your side. You know I want the best for you." He grabbed my hand and sat me back down. "I think this would be a good thing for you." He spoke, leaning back and pulling me into his chest.

"Ever since mom and pop passed, you have been working your ass off and then you had the incident and gave birth to the most wonderful kid ever. You deserve to have a little fun. Take advantage of the situation. If you don't do it for yourself, do it for Gabe."  I didn't even know I was crying until I felt a wet, salty tear fall down my cheek. I realized he was right. When my parents died, I had 3 jobs all while still juggling school. Never had a break or day off which paid off because I still managed to get food on the table. No matter how many times, Danny and his parents insisted I lived with them. I managed to do well on my own. Until I had Gabriel.  I had to quit all of my jobs and move in with Danny. Times are hard.

"Let me sleep on it."

Elijah's POV

That Odette is an interesting woman. She lives with that guy that pounced on me, has a son and no boyfriend (that I know of). As I pulled up to the building, my eyes finally settled on Skylar sitting on a tiny bench with her friends, talking about Lord knows what. I rolled down the window and shouted, "Sky! Time to leave." At the sound of my voice, she quickly hopped up and ran to the car with a smile on her face and a spring in her step. I smiled and watched her jump in the back, buckling up.

"Hello, Uncle Eli." She spoke with happy practically written across her forehead. I smiled and concentrated back on the road ahead.

"How was your day, princess?" She clapped her hands.

"I got called pretty by a boy today." I couldn't help but get angry. She couldn't start liking boys yet. I am not ready yet! She's only 4!

Liking boys means boyfriends...

Boyfriends mean sex...

Sex means babies...

Babies mean im getting old...

I let out a breath and blinked slowly letting my anger slip away. Glancing in the rearview mirror and saw her cheeks display a light red and her left hand lightly touching (more like caressing) it.

Oh hell no! He kissed her! To hell with calmness!

The sound of my phone ringing snapped me out of my blind rage. I answered without looking at the Caller ID.

"Elijah Augustine."

"Sir." I heard the voice of my assistant Becka on the other end.

"We have a problem." I forward my eyebrows and adjusted my body in the seat.

"What kind of problem?"