Chapter Twelve (Edited)

Focus by Ariana Grande

Elijah's POV

I slowly sat on the floor cradling Odette's head. I breathed in and out heavily before yelling for help. I never took my eyes off of her.

"Hello?!" A voice called out, "Odette?" My eyes travelled to the source. Her cell phone. Before I could reach for it, Hope came in and gasped at the scene before her. She hurried over the phone and put it to her ear. Odette began waking up and panicked. I held her down and listened to her repeat the same word. Gabriel.

"I don't know what happened. She passed out." Suddenly, her face fell and her hand flew to mouth.

What the hell happened?! She quickly hung up and her gaze fell on us. Panic was written all over her face. "What did he say?" I hated being left in the dark.

"We need to get to the hospital," She spoke, "Now."

Odette's POV

The whole ride I could barley keep my dinner down. Thinking of Gabriel being hurt kills me. Hope barley stopped the car when I ran for the door leaving them in my dust. I swiftly maneuvered my way past everybody that blocked my path. I could hear Elijah's voice far behind calling for me but that didn't stop me.

Finally, I approached the front desk where a young man was sitting focused on his computer screen. I cleared my throat to get his attention. The guy turned, acknowledging me and gave me a strange look. I ignored the look and spoke breathlessly.

"What room is Gabriel Allen in?" I didn't have any time for foolishness. He turned to his computer and began typing. "Gabriel Allen is currently in surgery." I already felt the tears falling down my cheeks. Warm arms made their way around my torso hugging me. I turned around and saw it Danny. He had stitches in his cheek and on his forehead.

"What happened, Danny?" My voice came out in a low whisper. He hesitated at first but proceeded to tell me.

"I was taking him to get some pizza. The light had just turned green and we were going until somebody ran the light and hit Gabe's side." I began sobbing. I'm pretty sure you could hear it outside. The tears seemed unstoppable at that point. He was crying himself and could barley hold me up. 

"The next thing I knew, I'm on the ground surrounded by paramedics and Gabe is in the back of the ambulance completely still. Odette, I have never been so scared in my life." I wiped my face and noticed his pale face. "It's entirely my fault." He declared in a weak voice. "If I would have just stayed home, we wouldn't be here. He wouldn't be in there right now!" He yelled through his tears.

I gathered him in my arms and replied, "This is not your fault." I ran my hands on his back and ushered him to sit in the chair behind him.

He finally calmed down and held my hand. The seat next to me slowly sank down and I could tell it was Elijah because of his cologne. I forgot all about him. I couldn't lose him too. Losing him meant that my life was over. I didn't know I was crying again until Elijah carefully pulled me onto his lap and let me cry into his shoulder.

God, please let my baby be alright. Haven't I suffered enough already?

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. Honestly, I cried while writing this lol