Chapter Eleven (Edited)

"Congratulations, Miss Allen, it's a beautiful baby boy." The Doctor spoke softly. The 16 hours of painful labor are finally over. I can finally see my baby. My heartbeat increased at the sight of my little boy wrapped in a blue blanket. The smile never fell from the nurse's face when she placed him in my arms.

My eyes began filling with water. I gently rocked him back and forth, not daring to look away. I was fascinated by him. His tiny hands, his small fingers, his eyes...He suddenly stretched his hand out and I couldn't help but touch it only for him to grab my finger. That's when the waterfall of tears came.

It's crazy how one look or touch can make you feel multiple emotions. I can't even begin to explain what I'm feeling right now. I wish mom and dad were here to meet him. I can see them now. My mom bawling into my shoulder, kissing the baby's head and dad with tears in his eyes saying that his allergies are coming back. That's when I realized, I still haven't named him. I laughed softly and began thinking. A knock on the door interrupted my thoughts.

"Come in." I said, not wanting to wake my little angel. The door slowly opened revealing Danny along with three big balloons and a tiny brown bear in his hands. As he came closer, his mile grew bigger.

"Oh my gosh! He's so small." He laughed "I can't believe he's really here."

"Me either. Do you want to hold him?" He gave me a toothy grin and motioned for me hand him over. He placed the gifts by the gigantic window. He leaned down and I placed the baby ever so gently in his arms. He got a good grip on him but held him as if he would break him.

Danny slowly paced around the room. All through high school, Danny hated babies. He would always ignore them when they would talk to him. It seems like all that when out the window. You couldn't even tell he never liked them.

"He's so beautiful," He muttered "Have you named him yet?" I shook my head.

"I'm stuck."

"You should name him Daniel Jr."

"Yeah right." I scuffed. "That's not even an option. One of you is enough. Two would send me to an early grave." I joked. He rolled his eyes and laughed, passed him back to me. I stroked his chubby cheek when it hit me. "Gabriel." I whispered.

"What?" Danny asked, confused.

"Gabriel," I exclaimed "Gabriel Edward Allen."

He nodded and cleared his throat. "How did you come up with that?"

"Edward was my father's middle name." I said suddenly feeling sad. Danny rubbed my arm and kissed my forehead. "They would have been so proud of you. You're going to be an amazing mother and raise him into a respectful and honest man. If he fucks up, then let me handle him." I laughed and let him wipe the fallen tears on my cheeks away. He slowly sat Gabriel into my arms and kissed both of our foreheads. 

"Thank you for everything Danny." He nodded and somehow managed to get comfortable in the chair beside my bed and drifted to sleep.

I glanced down and noticed Gabriel fell asleep. These past few years have been very hard. Losing both parents, being raped, and falling pregnant with Gabe is a lot to deal with for a 23 year old. The only good things to come out of all this are Danny and my little angel. I don't know what I would do without them. 

I leaned down and pecked his tiny forehead. "I'm going to take care of you and love you forever." I looked at Danny. "Nothing and nobody's going to hurt you. I promise."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is just a filer chapter guys. Odette is still unconscious after finding out that Gabe is in the ER.