Chapter Ten (Edited)

Bitch Better Have My Money- Rihanna *Danny's Choice ;)*

Mr. Augustine really knew how to throw down in the kitchen. He made an Italian dish called, 'Fritto Misto Di Mare.' I could barley pronounce it but I don't care. Its amazing! The dish was packed with giant shrimp, scallops, and cod. But not only was food good, the décor of the dining room was breathtaking, especially the gigantic window behind Mrs. Augustine with a view of the many acers in the backyard. A pool, basketball court, and volleyball court were in plain sight.

I watched as everyone took a bite and fell into conversation. I didn't focus on them because I was too focused on eating the shrimp.

I stabbed it with my fork and brought it to my mouth when I felt Elijah's hand on my thigh. I swatted at his hand, trying not to catch anyone's attention.

"Isn't that right, honey?" Elijah asked with a raised eyebrow. I looked around and found every eye on me. I gave a nervous laugh and nodded even though I had no idea what they were talking about.

His mother's face got ten times brighter along with everyone else clapping and excited. I forward my eyebrows in confusion and grabbed my glass of water.

"I cant wait to have more grandkids!" I don't know what happened but I kind of chocked and turned to Elijah in shock letting all the water in my mouth spray on his face. I quickly got up and grabbed a napkin and began to wipe his face.

By that time, Hope was rolling on the tile floor in tears from laughing so hard. Mr. Augustine was trying to hold back his laughter but failed terribly.

I gave him an apologetic look. I sat back down with my cheeks were on fire. Hope finally calmed down and cleared her throat.

"I like this girl." Hope squeaked out.

I smiled, looking down at my hands as my mind went back to the kids. Just thinking about that makes my stomach tingle.

I cross my legs tightly. Elijah didn't make it better when he spoke, "Yeah. We're trying." He completely ignored that I spit all over his face. He then leaned over and kissed my cheek. At that moment, I stopped breathing. I moved my head in his direction and it seemed like the world stopped. 

A smile grew on his handsome face. He looked me up and down but stopped at my lips. I bit my lip and watched as his eyes grew darker.

"Alright you guys. Knock it off," Hope warned, "We don't need you making babies on the table." I quickly averted my eyes and looked at my plate. I could still feel his eyes burning into the side of my head.

Mr. Augustine cleared his throat, which gave him everyone's undivided attention. "Now back to the subject at hand," he started, "How did you meet?" Ah! The glory moment we have all been waiting for. I turned to him and smiled.

"Yeah, babe," I teased, "How did we meet?" He sent me a hard glare and turned to his parents, who were getting very impatient. I can't wait to hear this.

"Well," He loosened his tie and began to continue when the doorbell rang and echoed through the mansion. I groaned and held back a loud curse. Of all the times someone could show up they choose now?

Elijah quickly excused himself. Unbelievable. His mother turned to me.

"I guess we will find out later." I nodded and pushed my food around my plate.

It seemed like forever before he came back with someone following close behind him.

"Look who decided to show." He pat the guy in the back. He had dark hair and stunning grey eyes. He was about Elijah's height and wore a suit and tie. He was handsome but nothing compared to Elijah. 

"Good evening everyone." The guy spoke politely. They waved and greeted him.

"Sawyer, why don't you have a seat next to Odette." Hope motioned to the seat on my left. His eyes met mine and I noticed him tense up and all the color drain from his face. Am I that bad? I ignore it, putting my hand out for him to shake.

"This is the girl I was telling you about," Elijah exclaimed. He hesitantly grabbed my hand and gave it a firm squeeze. What's this guy's problem?

"Odette, this is Sawyer, my best friend." I nodded and sat up right. As he sat down, Mrs. Augustine stood up. "I will get you a plate, sweetie." Sawyer nodded and thanked her smiling her way. We all sat in silence until someone's phone rang. Specifically mine. Want to know how I knew? Rihanna's 'Bitch Better Have My Money' blasted through the tiny speaker.

My cheeks burned in embarrassment as everyone's eyes flew to me. I saw Hope's shoulders shake and Elijah shake his head. Giving a small smile, I practically rran into the kitchen. Thankfully, Mrs. Augustine wasn't in there.

"Danny! What have I told you about changing the ringtones on my phone?!" I was beyond livid. It wasn't the first time he's done this. I almost got fired because of it. Turned out some people don't like Big Sean's 'Dance Remix'. I heard him let out a shaky breath. It's very rare for him to be nervous or scared so I started getting concerned.

"You can chew me out later but something happened," He trailed off. I was so focused on Daniel's next words, I didn't hear someone come up behind me.

"Gabe's in the ER." That was the last thing I heard before I hit the floor and saw black.