First Years: the war in Kiri begins

(there's a gap in the time which I updated this so it's weird so bare with me I tried to fit things together)

Medical tent

Edge of Kiri
____________ _______

Orochimaru smirked as Mei opened her eyes and looked around to see that they were in a medical tent once she remembered what happened she went for a punch to the Sannin's face but he caught it with ease.

"You shouldn't push yourself to do stupid things Mei-san"

He said with slight amusement at the situation.

"What did you do to me?"

She asked touching the mark as it reacted to her emotions.

"Hm I simply gave you a little boost in power because if Kiri is be run by a more just kage they shouldn't be weak and I'm sorry to say I wouldn't have to try that hard to put you down"

"And what do you want out of it?"

He leaned close to her maintaining eye contact.

"What I want is to have a place here and later I want your help in destroying Konoha I was about to ally with the sand but I feel like having a village full of vets after a civil war will be a better choice"

She pushed him back with a glare.

"That's not going to happen"

Orochimaru flashed behind her as his chakra leaked out faltering Mei's confidence.

"That's a shame Mei I was hoping I didn't have to solely rely on its influence but I'll eventually get what I want so you're stuck with me especially since this war won't last long"

He disappeared leaving Mei who collapsed as Aoi burst through the door.

"Mei-sama there's a force of 3000 Shinobi heading our way!"

Mei shot up upon hearing that.

"Are any of the seven ninja swordsmen with them?"

"We don't know yet"

"Great how many are present to combat them"

Aoi's expression went grim.

"As of now we only have 1700 men the others are on route to the first base at the southern coast"

"We can still turn this around tell our people to get in formation l stall them myself"

She went out of the medical tent and looked on the bench outside seeing her armor she grabbed it and went back in as Aoi left. She changed into a blue light battle armor akin to the warring states period but modified to be more light. She rushed out to the edge of the camp to see the approaching forces coming at high speed and went through hand signs.

"Lava style: lava swamp jutsu!"

She spat out a ton of white steaming liquid that melted the very ground creating a gap filled with deadly lava style the advancing army appropriately counter with a joint water style filling the gap as they ran across.

"How foolish are you trying to take on an entire army by yourself I thought a future kage should be smart"

Mei looked to her left seeing Orochimaru with an uncharacteristic frown.

"I'm a bit disappointed to have to step in for you but I can't let my successful projects die due to their stupidity"

Orochimaru took out his blade of Kusanagi and released a wave of KI halting the advancing force.

"What the hell was that!?"

One of them shakily pulled out their binoculars to see Orochimaru by Mei's side.

"One of the legendary sannin is with here sir"

"Just one of them well we have to continue Lord Yagura wants these traitors dead before more pop from the cracks so tough it up don't let some leaf scum deter you!"

The ones that weren't immediately terrified began going through handsigns.

"Water style:water dragon jutsu!"

30 water dragons were launched at the 2 Orochimaru smirked going through handsigns to counter.

"Fire style:firewall!"

Orochimaru spat out a huge wall of flame the clash created a thicker mist that hid both sides. Orochimaru's hands glowed blue as he slammed them on the ground he saw them advancing towards them but he felt Mei forces coming close. He extended his blade and heard multiple sounds of flesh being pierced along with screams of pain. He made a phew one-handed hand signs before releasing a powerful gust of wind clearing the mist momentarily as he caught sight of the injured men who took his attack and instantly dropped to their knees coughing up blood.

"Hahaha it seems like they'll die in the next few seconds I heard about 1000 stabbings so you have a fighting chance now I hope your men make it count also no thanks needed"

Orochimaru disappeared in a gust of wind as Mei's forces appeared.

"Mei-sama sorry for our late arrival is everything alright there was an ominous chakra by you earlier"

"I'm fine let's just deal with the rest of them"

Aoi nodded before clicking on his earpiece.

"Alright let's move!"

Seconds later both sides were clashing blades and jutsu the battlefield was flooded with water jutsu the environment gave the majority of water users an easier time with less chakra cost. Amongst the warfare was Orochimaru who was hanging back watching the carnage just to see what Mei's forces were capable of and he was a bit impressed that her forces had a unique individuals he pulled out a book to record the battle for later study.
Things in the line of fire were fast and tense Mei not being a master of kenjutsu or taijutsu had to stay on her toes more and keep her distance and shoot devastating balls of lava at opportune times truthfully she probably wasn't the strongest in her village but she felt that she would make up for this if she survived to make her village a better place.

~meanwhile~

Zetsu who was watching the events unfold looked beyond the main event to see Orochimaru taking notes and suspected he might try to take a hands-on role in this war.

"Should we tell Obito he might find it interesting/yes but not yet let's see what he is planning to do before we inform him/aw fine but it would have been exciting to see the 2 confront each other/you know it wouldn't Obito would just play around or kill him on the spot/hm I suppose but we shouldn't stay too close to him for long or he'll probably capture us for one of his unsavory experiments/he wouldn't risk angering the Akatsuki at least not yet/if you say so"

But as they were caught up in their banter snakes slowly slithered behind them.

(Boom it's been 1MONTH which is surprising but hey time goes by hope you enjoyed I'll try to be more indepth with the goings of battle and I can't wait to write the snakeman vs the turtle comment on what you think is up with Mei's mark not activating and is zetsu done? Comment vote and peace)